iPad Air 2 First Impressions!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Atlanta at the airport and had a chance to check out a iPad Air 2 a few mins ago at a reseller store in the airport.
I should have kept walking. Lol. Now I have a itch for one. My iPad 2 may get fired sooner than I expected.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was really surprised how much thinner it is than a iPad Air 1 which they had next to it.
The Air 2 I checked out was Gold vey very nice. But black/Space Grey is my color.

chrisforpm

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store and held an iPad Air 2 for the first time. I was surprised how thin it was. I am seriously considering selling my iPad mini 2 and getting one.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I went to the Apple Store and held an iPad Air 2 for the first time. I was surprised how thin it was. I am seriously considering selling my iPad mini 2 and getting one.

I sold my Mini 2 and upgraded. It is definitely worth the upgrade! :)

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
It's is by far the best apple device that I have ever purchased. I only owned my iPad air for 3 months because I couldn't stand how badly 1gb of ram hobbled it. It caused it to crash, apps reloaded, and so did web pages. Going to one we page to get info or an email, then back to the original page, and it reloaded. With the new iPad air I can click a YouTube video then leave the app, come back and the video is still loading. The thinnes and lightness so amazing that it doesn't feel like it has batteries. Last, everything is smooth as butter.

I was afraid of this. I wanted to get the new iPad Air so badly, but I opted for the new iPhone 6 Plus instead while keeping my original iPad Air. Now I wish that I had kept my iPhone 5S and gotten the iPad Air 2. Oh well. Maybe next year.

Sent from my Space Grey, 128 GB, iPhone 6 Plus (that took 5 weeks to ship to me through AT&T) using Tapatalk

Coleman Robertson

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Oh ya I bet I upgraded from a iPad 2 to the iPad air and I couldn't believe the difference especially the retina display!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

Team George

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Got one to try through work. I don't want to give it back! It's so light and fast. Love it! I would say that if you have the money and the love of Apple products, then it is worth the upgrade even if you have the air 1.

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh ya I bet I upgraded from a iPad 2 to the iPad air and I couldn't believe the difference especially the retina display!

Posted via the iMore App for Android

I just made the same upgrade jump and it's been amazing so far.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
Just traded my iPad 2 for an Air 2 and have seen a HUGE improvement in performance and no freezing issues like I had been having on the old one after the iOS update. Also, no issues with screen distortion due to pressure from holding it, or poor sound quality. I read all these complaints before buying and after testing several in store and this one at home, I wonder what all the complaints are about.

My only gripe, and it's a small one, is that the new Smart Cover for these Air models only has 3 creases in to to fold into the triangular shaped stand instead of the older model that had 4. As a result, when it sits in the lap, it is not as stable and wants to unfold.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk (so I blame autocorrect for the spellin' errs)

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I just upgrade from an iPad Air to the Air 2 yesterday.

Although I haven't had much time with it, I am enjoying the bump in speed and the additional smoothness.

The Home doesn't have the click I am used to, it feels mushy, although it works fine. Anyone else have this or do I have a defective unit?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Just got the gf an iPad air 2 gold 64GB from Apple. Should be here soon but want to give it to her for a birthday gift.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I went from mini 2 to iPad air 2. Although still debating on trading for 64 GB model since 16GB model out of box has 11GB available.

I upgraded from a Mini 2 16 GB as well, and I went with a 64 GB Air 2 this time. I would trade it for a 64 GB if you can, it is much better than a 16 GB :)

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to an iPad Air 2 from an original iPad Mini. The speed is the first thing I noticed. This thing is lighting fast.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm still doing my RESEARCH and this is very helpful. I'm not quite sure if I want to get the iPad Mini or the Air2. I will be visiting my local Verizon soon to take a good look at both devices and try to make a decision....SMILE

rogerfromco

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
My wife likes the smaller form factor and is going to get a mini 3, while I like the bigger screen and went with the Air2.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
My wife likes the smaller form factor and is going to get a mini 3, while I like the bigger screen and went with the Air2.

I upgraded from a Mini 2, and I'm glad I did. Bigger screen is better on an iPad in my opinion

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Got me one of these babies today in the 64GB version.

- Feels like holding my iPad mini
- Oh how I missed having a loud speaker. I can hear things now.
- Opening and closing apps is significantly more noticeable as far as speed
- Still going to need to get used to Touch ID on such a large device

Just first impressions. I'm sure as the days go by I'm going to find things I like even more about it compared to my iPad mini

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Enjoy. It seems so much faster to me. And the laminated display really makes the text appear closer to the glass. I got mine launch week and have been loving it ever since.

Ahh, yes. I forgot to mention that also. There is a significant difference just looking at the springboard and all the icons laid out. I put my Mini next to it and looked at them eye-level and the difference was astounding.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73