Keyboard Cases???? Anybody?? Throw me a bone here.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I might go with the Incase Origami Workstation since I already have an Apple Bluetooth Keyboard that is doing nothing. Then add a smart cover or smartcase.

41Pat5ncWyL._SL1500_.jpg
51eVBpI9JzL._SL1500_.jpg
51NS-guvVzL._SL1500_.jpg
51SDdAJzD1L._SL1500_.jpg
61cxB7i5THL._SL1500_.jpg

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Logitech makes a real nice one

I have the Logitech folio keyboard case and I swear this is the best keyboard case I have ever used. The keys are very responsive and feel really good. The layout is comfortable. I like the function keys on the top row; very convenient. And there is a strong magnet that keeps the case closed. It auto connects to bluetooth when it is opened. I can't say enough about this keyboard case. I picked one up from BestBuy for $79. Best accessory purchase I have made in some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WordPainter

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't like any of the keyboard cases, they look cheap and ugly to me. Instead I got the Apple SmartCover (lovely leather!) and the Apple wireless keyboard. Works great!

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't like any of the keyboard cases, they look cheap and ugly to me. Instead I got the Apple SmartCover (lovely leather!) and the Apple wireless keyboard. Works great!

The only issue I had using the Apple Bluetooth keyboard is that it doesn't have the keyboard shortcuts that a lot of the other keyboards do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
If you really tried, you could just use the onscreen keyboard. After about of week of practice, you will be just as efficient typing on it as you are on a physical keyboard. Then you wouldn't have to worry about a keyboard case.

Sent from my iPad Air 2 using Tapatalk

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
If you really tried, you could just use the onscreen keyboard. After about of week of practice, you will be just as efficient typing on it as you are on a physical keyboard. Then you wouldn't have to worry about a keyboard case.

That's what I do: the whole point of a tablet, for me, is to do away with the keyboard. I use a stylus but never a keyboard, it feels wrong to me, somehow.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
That's what I do: the whole point of a tablet, for me, is to do away with the keyboard. I use a stylus but never a keyboard, it feels wrong to me, somehow.

To be honest, I didn't think that I would be able to type on the iPad like I would on a traditional keyboard. It wasn't until I saw my ex-wife (then my wife) do it. And she was really fast with it. So I tried it. And I became really good with it. I have used Bluetooth keyboards since then. But I usually give up on them because the keyboard's battery dies and I get frustrated or it becomes awkward or inconvenient when I want to use my iPad for something other than typing. That's why I went back to the onscreen keyboard because it makes the iPad more versatile.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
To be honest, I didn't think that I would be able to type on the iPad like I would on a traditional keyboard. It wasn't until I saw my ex-wife (then my wife) do it. And she was really fast with it. So I tried it. And I became really good with it. I have used Bluetooth keyboards since then. But I usually give up on them because the keyboard's battery dies and I get frustrated or it becomes awkward or inconvenient when I want to use my iPad for something other than typing. That's why I went back to the onscreen keyboard because it makes the iPad more versatile.

I have another trick: I type one handed.
The reason for that is I broke my back years ago (don't ask... Lol) and for a while my left side was paralyzed.
So a friend built me a bed desk with a mobile table that could be raised way up, my laptop was bolted on and I typed with my right hand.
Sitting up I also typed with my right hand.
And somehow I never got out of the habit, I can use all my limbs perfectly now, I'm fully healed and mobile but I still type one handed.
... Faster than my husband who types with both hands, hehehe... :cool:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have another trick: I type one handed.
The reason for that is I broke my back years ago (don't ask... Lol) and for a while my left side was paralyzed.
So a friend built me a bed desk with a mobile table that could be raised way up, my laptop was bolted on and I typed with my right hand.
Sitting up I also typed with my right hand.
And somehow I never got out of the habit, I can use all my limbs perfectly now, I'm fully healed and mobile but I still type one handed.
... Faster than my husband who types with both hands, hehehe... :cool:

That's amazing. I would like to see how you do that.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Nothing to it, really. But you really need ALL your fingers, lol. It makes my hand look like a spider if I really type fast.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Nothing to it, really. But you really need ALL your fingers, lol. It makes my hand look like a spider if I really type fast.

Lol. I would like to take a typing test to see what my speeds are with the software keyboard versus the physical keyboard.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Lol. I would like to take a typing test to see what my speeds are with the software keyboard versus the physical keyboard.

I know a guy who works for Apple, he's a hardware engineer and works on the iPad design. He got so used to typing on his iPad he's actually faster on it than on his computer.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know a guy who works for Apple, he's a hardware engineer and works on the iPad design. He got so used to typing on his iPad he's actually faster on it than on his computer.

I think at I may be getting there. The typing experience on my iPad is greater than anything I have ever used. One of the things that I enjoy more than the physical keyboard is autocorrect. And that I don't have to hit the shift key before starting the sentence with a capital letter. That makes me more efficient. I just don't know if I am actually faster.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I think at I may be getting there. The typing experience on my iPad is greater than anything I have ever used. One of the things that I enjoy more than the physical keyboard is autocorrect. And that I don't have to hit the shift key before starting the sentence with a capital letter. That makes me more efficient. I just don't know if I am actually faster.

Yes, those are great. And I don't know about other languages but those features are equally flawless in French and English, which is pretty cool.

RobRM

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I find that a good keyboard case is one where you can remove the keyboard and it is then just a case. This lets you take it out for those times you know you won't use it

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I find that a good keyboard case is one where you can remove the keyboard and it is then just a case. This lets you take it out for those times you know you won't use it

This is one of the reasons why I don't use keyboard cases anymore. They aren't really versatile. Learning to type on the screen and having the Apple leather case gives me the versatility, style, and portability that I need.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro