Pre-ordered iPad Air 2 work on Verizon?

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I searched but didn't see this question. I pre-ordered my iPad Air 2 this morning, but I didn't see a carrier option. I know the Apple SIM works on multiple carriers, but not Verizon, so how will I make my new iPad work on Verizon?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That is a good question??? I pre-ordered my Verizon iPad Air 2 today as well, but I did it from the Verizon site.

If the one you get doesn't work with Verizon you could call them and have a SIM sent to you.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Now I'm wondering if the iPad Air 2 on Verizon has different radios from the one with the Apple SIM that I ordered from Apple.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It has the same radios. Verizon has not signed on to work with the Apple SIM. If you want to use the 2 on Verizon that you bought from Apple, you will have to get a Verizon SIM for it.

Tom Munch

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I called Apple sales, and the agent didn't know how to get Verizon service at first. He asked and confirmed that I'll have to contact Verizon if I want their wireless service instead of the service that's available with the Apple SIM - AT&T, TMobile, or Sprint.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods