New iPad air 2 Screen means no more dust under the screen?

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
This new Screen will solve the dust under the screen issue am i right? I returned like 4-6 iPad Air's because of dust and just dealt with with it eventually.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it should because of Zero Gap Construction. :)
Great. I love my samsung galaxy phones because it never had this issue along with my Samsung tablet but will be great if these don't have this issue any more. I know they glued the glass to the screen since the iPhone 4

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bigdad84

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised it actually took them as long as it did to finally glue the screen down with the iPad. Oh well, better late than never right?

05GT

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Was dust under the screen of the original Air really that big of a deal. I never really heard mention of it.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Was dust under the screen of the original Air really that big of a deal. I never really heard mention of it.

Yes. The first was i Saw it as i opened the box, 2nd one had 2 different spots that i can see in broad daylight and the 3rd or 4th it was reasonable hidden on the screen so i gave up

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have purchased every iPad ever released and have never seen dust before. In fact only phone that I have ever owned with dust under the screen was a blackberry storm.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I have purchased every iPad ever released and have never seen dust before. In fact only phone that I have ever owned with dust under the screen was a blackberry storm.
Well I had and had a thread going about it back in Mac forums about it a year ago. If I had taken pics I would show you. Apple didn't glue the lcd and glass on the Ipad's like they did with the iPhone since iPhone 4 so it let dust become under the screen. Even if it wasn't there when you bought it all the bumping and etc could of moved it there layer. I clearly saw it on it and looked sort of like a dead pixel

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk