How’s iOS 13.1 update running on iPad 6th generation?

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
I suppose most of the members here have already updated their iPad 6 to iOS 13.1
I’m on iOS 12.3, and still not sure whether I should stay with iOS 12 a little longer or if I should go ahead and update to iOS 13.

Those who have updated (especially iPad 6 users), how is the battery performance, and performance in general? Is multitasking as good as it was on iOS 12? Can the iPad keep 4 or more heavy apps (not games) in the memory without the apps reloading? On iOS 12 I can easily jump back and forth between apps without them reloading.
Also, I have seen quite a few comments on YouTube, people claiming that they lost nearly 1.5 to 2 GB of storage on their iPad after updating to iOS 13. Is it true, and why? This is pretty big for me because I have the 32 GB variant.

Please share your experiences. I’m sure it will help other 6th gen users too who haven’t updated yet

Last edited:

Potatoess

Dec 22, 2018
Visit site
Don’t have one ! my 5th gen is suffering the occasional stutter and freeze though.

Thank you. iPad 5 and iPad 6 are pretty similar. A9 is nearly as fast as A10 I think. There are stutters, you said. I’m quite used to iOS 12 which is super stable. Let’s hope Apple fixes the stutters and other issues in future iOS 13 updates.

Last edited:

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Great so far. I bought the 128gb certified refurbished from the Apple Store online. Looking forward to the free year of Apple TV+ when it launches I like that the Safari browser actually is like the desktop version.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I suppose most of the members here have already updated their iPad 6 to iOS 13.1
I’m on iOS 12.3, and still not sure whether I should stay with iOS 12 a little longer or if I should go ahead and update to iOS 13.

Those who have updated (especially iPad 6 users), how is the battery performance, and performance in general? Is multitasking as good as it was on iOS 12? Can the iPad keep 4 or more heavy apps (not games) in the memory without the apps reloading? On iOS 12 I can easily jump back and forth between apps without them reloading.
Also, I have seen quite a few comments on YouTube, people claiming that they lost nearly 1.5 to 2 GB of storage on their iPad after updating to iOS 13. Is it true, and why? This is pretty big for me because I have the 32 GB variant.

Please share your experiences. I’m sure it will help other 6th gen users too who haven’t updated yet

My iPad 2018 is running great on iOS 13 . No issues here.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2