Keyboard/Battery Issues

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I’ve had my 9.7” iPad since the introduction, and so far no major glitches.

I do notice that the keyboard “sticks” or misses some letters when I’m typing...and the battery life has gotten progressively poor.

Are there any recalls from Apple for either issue? Are others experiencing these issues?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I don't have the 2018 iPad (I have the 2017) and haven't noticed anything like that. If you haven't tried it, I'd suggest rebooting it, and see if that helps at all -- sometimes it can be some type of software issue that just needs to be "cleared." If you have an Apple Store close, you might take it in to have it looked at. Beyond that -- and possibly even before having Apple look at it -- you might try reset your iPad, erasing all content, then either restore from backup or, better yet, a clean restore. My guess is that the restore is something Apple will want done, to remove some type of software error from being the cause of the issue.

In the meantime, perhaps someone else here will have another suggestion or fix -- but, unfortunately, I suspect this will either be a software or hardware error with your iPad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
No issues with mine. I suggest as well resetting and see what happens from there. Apple will reset it firstly as well