Control Center doesn't apper in App Switcher on iPad

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
I bought a 6th gen iPad last week and had to do a warranty exchange today for edge lighting not working on the left side.

My replacement iPad just shows suspended apps when I enter App Switcher instead of suspended apps AND the Notification Center. Any ideas what could be wrong? Is there something in the settings I have missed? I already factory reset and updated software.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Notification Center doesn't apper in App Switcher

I'm clearly missing something because I don't recall seeing the Notification Center while in the App Switcher when I had my iPad Pro.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Notification Center doesn't apper in App Switcher

Sorry I meant Control Center and NOT Notification Center. Now 70 people that have viewed this so far will think I’m nuts (with bonus typo in thread title!).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I meant Control Center and NOT Notification Center.

The same applies, but I do not have the latest iPad models to confirm. I know that when you initiate the App Switcher on the iPhone, you only see apps that are currently running or are now in a suspended state.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Unless I’m remembering incorrectly Control Center was removed from the app switcher iOS 12.

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site

Thanks. Must’ve been removed in iOS 12. It’s not on my wife’s iPad Pro either. I prefer the removal and it makes it more consistent with my 7 Plus.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

Thanks. Must’ve been removed in iOS 12. It’s not on my wife’s iPad Pro either. I prefer the removal and it makes it more consistent with my 7 Plus.

I think they probably did it for consistency. It also makes sense with the gesture controls for the new iPad Pro that doesn’t have a home button.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I can't recall the Control Center coming up with the App Switcher. What I think has you confused is that the swipe up from the bottom brought up the Control Center, while double tapping the home button would bring up the App Switcher. The new gestures on iOS 12 changed this on the iPad, so that a swipe up from the bottom brings up the App Switcher and the Control Center moved, so you now swipe down from the top right of the screen. It used to be just swiping from the top launched the Notification Center, now you must swipe down from the top left or center of the screen. As others said, this was done for the new iPad Pros, which have no home button, as well as to make the interface consistent between the new iPhones and the iPad.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

I can't recall the Control Center coming up with the App Switcher. What I think has you confused is that the swipe up from the bottom brought up the Control Center, while double tapping the home button would bring up the App Switcher. The new gestures on iOS 12 changed this on the iPad, so that a swipe up from the bottom brings up the App Switcher and the Control Center moved, so you now swipe down from the top right of the screen. It used to be just swiping from the top launched the Notification Center, now you must swipe down from the top left or center of the screen. As others said, this was done for the new iPad Pros, which have no home button, as well as to make the interface consistent between the new iPhones and the iPad.

Unless I’ve lost my mind (always a possibility) swiping up from the bottom of the screen brought up app switcher with Control Center on the right in iOS 11. It did on my iPad Pro anyway.

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Pulled this up from the interwebs. This is iOS 11.
8fb502920cc071e47ce436c51cd5b3d6.jpg

muckle_dabuckle

Apr 28, 2017
Visit site
Found a similar picture in the official iOS 11 guide found in Apple Books. I was only asking because I thought it was there on my iPad before I replaced it yesterday with one that has a working screen. The one I replaced had iOS 12 so I must’ve been imagining things.
da05fe33683488b2a65a07e49145b4b9.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2