Using Ipad for School Work with Windows Laptop

skstrials

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I never thought I would consider an Apple product but there is a promotion going on at my local bank where I can get an IPad 2018 32gb for $180 cad. There is nothing that can touch the IPad at this price from Windows or Android.

I am currently starting nursing school in a month; and I thought it would be nice to have the iPad for school work with my Thinkpad T480 laptop. I use all of the Microsoft software such as Onedrive, Outlook, One note, and Office. I heard Microsoft apps sync pretty well with the IPad. Anyone else using the Ipad with their Windows computers as a companion?

I have some specific usage questions

1. If I were to start a onenote on my IPad and also work on it together on my Thinkpad laptop, do they sync in real time?

2. How is Onedrive photo and video back up on the IPad?

3. If I were to use Apple Pencil with Onenote, how well does it work?

That would be all.

Thanks for the help!

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I don't have all the answers, BUT I do know you CAN use these 2 devices together. MS has apps for the iPad such as MS Office and OneDrive. In theory they should sync right up, but I don't use my laptop and iPad in that manner. I also know that medical reference apps ARE available for the iPad such as the PDR. No clue on the Pencil other than again I think it WOULD work in theory. :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've used OneDrive with my iPad and had no issues. I've not tried the photo backup but don't see why there should be a problem.

Jijiman

Sep 5, 2018
Visit site
For note taking, I'd just get the upcoming Air 3/Pro assuming it has the pencil support because that's about $300-500 less. For everything else I'd still use a Macbook Air. Although a Surface Pro seems like a good blend even though the battery life isn't as good.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2