How well does the new 9.7" IPad work?

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
How well does the new IPad work for you in education, in industry, and in the home? What apps do you use with it? What accessories do you use?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the new iPad, but I would assume it would work well in education and work like the previous iPads. Regardless of the brand, a lot depends on the app that are used.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My son has the 2017 model and it works great for him. This year’s “education” model added Apple Pencil support and a slightly faster CPU. Aside from that it’s exactly the same. We have a ton of education apps loaded up for him as well as a few video apps and games.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
How well does the new 9.7" IPad work?

It is stellar you can get such a powerful, small machine for just north of $300

Just bought one and I’m really enjoying it

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: How well does the new 9.7" IPad work?

It is stellar you can get such a powerful, small machine for just north of $300

Just bought one and I’m really enjoying it

I'm assuming you grabbed the 32gb model? I'm debating on picking one up, but not sure what size I would want.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I would assume that it works like the 2017 version but having the ability of the pen and slightly faster processor might make it slightly faster, but not by much.

Westiemom

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got the 2018 and have only had it a few days. I thought I would wait for the new iPads to come out later but thought long and hard on it and decided I’d rather spend the money on a new laptop later. For what I want a tablet for this one is perfect.
I did go for the 128 GB model because I learned my lesson with my old Gen 3 iPad. It fills up incredibly fast and if I was going to purchase I’d rather spend a little more and get the added room for more longevity and not be cussing about it later, Lol. 🤨

I do plan to get the Pencil soon also.

CarlieBarley

Jul 12, 2018
Visit site

I'm assuming you grabbed the 32gb model? I'm debating on picking one up, but not sure what size I would want.

I'm also looking at purchasing a classroom set of iPads and to save money, I was hoping to grab the 32GB model. We will be using them for museum classroom sessions so there isn't a need for a huge amount of saved storage - but we do need storage for apps. Would this amount be enough?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm also looking at purchasing a classroom set of iPads and to save money, I was hoping to grab the 32GB model. We will be using them for museum classroom sessions so there isn't a need for a huge amount of saved storage - but we do need storage for apps. Would this amount be enough?

It sounds as if it should be enough; unless you need a lot of apps or each app stores a lot of data on the iPad.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I love my pro but today I got the 9.7 When I am not on the pro this will be great. I got just the 32 gig. I have the 128 on my pro. For what I intend to use for this is fine for me.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Mine is the 6th generation. Best Buy had a great price on it. Still setting it up. I didn’t need two pro versions.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Mine is the 6th generation. Best Buy had a great price on it. Still setting it up. I didn’t need two pro versions.

I also got a great deal on my 6th generation Verizon WiFi+Cellular 128GB iPad from BestBuy.
It works great and when I need extra portable screen real estate it's my go to device. I have several apps/games that I use strictly on my iPad because of the screen real estate, but yet maintains the portability I want/like.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner