Neat showing of the pencil. Still, Pencil is $89 for schools, $99 for the rest of us. Logitech crayon is only $50 though.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-27-2018 11:56 AM
    Does anyone know how much RAM this new 6th-gen. iPad will have? I believe the previous generation had 2GB.
    03-27-2018 04:10 PM
    Does anyone know how much RAM this new 6th-gen. iPad will have? I believe the previous generation had 2GB.
    It appears it still has 2 GB. I really think this is the same as the "old" iPad (2017), same case and internals except for the A10 processor and support for Apple pencil.
    03-27-2018 11:12 PM
    I use the pencil with my large pro. My new 9.7 is not the pro version. Didn’t need it and didn’t want the price sticker.
    07-22-2018 01:59 PM
    I broke down and decided to get the logitech case keyboard. Can use when typing more and I will still use the plain case if out and about and not typing a lot. Easy to switch it out. I like cases. I can’t return the case I bought so will use it. I wasn’t going to get a keyboard case for the smaller 9.7 and just use a stylus but I found a good deal on ebay for 26 bucks so what the heck.
    07-22-2018 04:42 PM
    I bought my son an iPad 2018 for Christmas and I'm considering getting the Apple Pencil to go with it. He's 12yo almost 13 and very artistic. I slightly cringe at the price for the Apple Pencil and the reviews overall are a crap shoot on durability, longevity, and battery life. Can anyone give me advice or thoughts on the Apple Pencil for a soon to be teen??
    12-04-2018 06:02 PM
    I bought my son an iPad 2018 for Christmas and I'm considering getting the Apple Pencil to go with it. He's 12yo almost 13 and very artistic. I slightly cringe at the price for the Apple Pencil and the reviews overall are a crap shoot on durability, longevity, and battery life. Can anyone give me advice or thoughts on the Apple Pencil for a soon to be teen??
    While I don't actually have the pencil, from my playing with it and what others have said about theirs, the Apple Pencil isn't that easy to break. Likely the biggest concern would be while charging, when you attach it to the bottom of the iPad, merely because of how long the pencil and iPad are together, with the Lightning connector being a weak point while plugged in. I think my bigger worry, depending on how responsible the teen is, would be the pencil getting lost.

I'm not sure if you've considered it, but it would likely be worth also looking at the Logitech Crayon -- it will do some of the same things as the pencil but is half the cost. If you are worried about the pencil, you might see if the Crayon will be enough for your son.
    ksassy likes this.
    12-05-2018 07:28 AM
    @mogelijk thanks your input!
    12-05-2018 09:13 AM