Lock screen question

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Every now & then i’ll Lock my iPad screen & the screen will go off then i’ll Put my iPad down after a few seconds & it will make the lock screen noise. Other times it makes the lock screen noise straight away as soon as I lock the screen. Any idea why there is sometimes a delay & is the screen locked when the lock screen noise is delayed?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea and haven't seen that myself. I found a couple of the "typical" suggestions that are worth trying, such as turning off your iPad and restarting it, maybe even trying a soft reset by pushing the power and home buttons down at the same time until the Apple Logo comes up on screen.

Otherwise, the best I can find is this thread, on another website, that discusses the issue and some possible fixes. To give you the short version, they have found that what may be happening on some iPads is some of the Accessibility settings that require 3 button presses; and to turn those settings off. I hope this helps.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks will have a look at that thread & the accessibility settings too. I also had this problem when I had an iPhone 4.

Edit: All my accessibility settings are off so that hasn’t helped much. I turned my iPad off yesterday but i’ll Try soft resetting.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks will have a look at that thread & the accessibility settings too. I also had this problem when I had an iPhone 4.

Edit: All my accessibility settings are off so that hasn’t helped much. I turned my iPad off yesterday but i’ll Try soft resetting.

What lock screen noise do you hear? I don't hear any noise when I open my phone to the lock screen.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
It only makes the noise when I lock the screen & it’s always made this noise but I found I can turn it off in settings but I like the noise. It’s almost like a click noise when I lock the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711