Hey there everyone quick question I found a really decent deal on the 2017 ipad 9.7 $246 and some change on Walmart.com I've bought a few new Apple products from Walmart over the years but my question is....Are they refurbished by Apple this particular item is sold and shipped by Walmart not a third party seller.... I'm just wanting some input on this please thanks again everyone!!
    02-27-2018 04:04 AM
    I can’t vouch for Walmart’s refurbs but I don’t think Apple sells their own refurbs to third parties. You’re likely getting one refurbished by Walmart itself or a third party.
    FYI—Best Buy has them brand new for $270 right now. Might be worth the extra 30 bucks.
    Annie_8plus, xandros9 and mogelijk like this.
    02-27-2018 05:46 AM
    I can’t vouch for Walmart’s refurbs but I don’t think Apple sells their own refurbs to third parties. You’re likely getting one refurbished by Walmart itself or a third party.
    FYI—Best Buy has them brand new for $270 right now. Might be worth the extra 30 bucks.
    The devices are new. I recall purchasing a new iPad 2 from Walmart back in 2010. No problems with it whatsoever.
    02-27-2018 07:15 AM
    The devices are new. I recall purchasing a new iPad 2 from Walmart back in 2010. No problems with it whatsoever.
    Oops! I misread OP’s post. I agree though. If it’s sold and shipped directly from Walmart I would expect it to be a new—not refurbished—item, unless stated otherwise.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-27-2018 07:19 AM
    I'll go a step further, I'm guessing it isn't actually Walmart selling or refurbishing the iPad. There are a number of third party sellers that sell through walmart.com (much like amazon.com has third party sellers). I think I'd skip the refurbished iPad and either buy a new iPad, maybe through Best Buy. It does seem like this iPad is frequently on sale somewhere. If you don't need the features of the iPad Pro (like the connector for the keyboard or the Pencil) I highly recommend this iPad; it works great and is still very fast.
    02-27-2018 02:57 PM