Since it has now been a few months, I'm curious how people are liking their new iPads? Is it still as fast and responsive as when you bought it? Are you having trouble or are disappointed in how the iPad is working?

In my case, I've been quite happy with my iPad. It still is fast and works very well. I've had iOS 11 on my iPad for the last month and a half, or so, and it seems to do quite well -- and I like the changes they've made for the iPad. While I still wish it had anti-glare protection, I haven't had any real issues, knew that it could be an issue, and installed a screen protector to help. I have no complaints about the screen brightness or colors.

So, what has your experience been like?
    08-30-2017 01:03 PM
    I don't have the 5th gen iPad, but I sure as heck still enjoy using my original 9.7" iPad Pro.......Anyway, hopefully those who currently have the 5th get iPad will reply soon.
    08-30-2017 06:04 PM
    I've got the new 5th gen iPad & I still love it & I use it everyday too. It's still nice & fast, haven't noticed any slow down. I love how it launches games super quick it's quicker than my phone lol.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    09-08-2017 07:35 PM
    I've got the new 5th gen iPad & I still love it & I use it everyday too. It's still nice & fast, haven't noticed any slow down. I love how it launches games super quick it's quicker than my phone lol.
    I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your 5th Gen iPad
    Lucy Davies likes this.
    09-09-2017 02:34 AM
    Since it has now been a few months, I'm curious how people are liking their new iPads? Is it still as fast and responsive as when you bought it? Are you having trouble or are disappointed in how the iPad is working?

In my case, I've been quite happy with my iPad. It still is fast and works very well. I've had iOS 11 on my iPad for the last month and a half, or so, and it seems to do quite well -- and I like the changes they've made for the iPad. While I still wish it had anti-glare protection, I haven't had any real issues, knew that it could be an issue, and installed a screen protector to help. I have no complaints about the screen brightness or colors.

So, what has your experience been like?
    Got 32 gb space gray from Verizon few months ago and loving it. My first experience with Apple. Understand why people say iOS runs smooth. IOS 11Is working great. Still trying to check things out. Anyway hoping to get 8 Plus in 2 weeks.Got Apple TV too. Am slowly buying into eco system.
    09-24-2017 07:49 PM
    I have mine for 3 months already, and quite liking it, in combination with a physical keyboard from Logitech it has become my go-to computational device for work, since most of my work only involves word processing and spreadsheets, the iPad has become more than sufficient, I rarely open my laptop now unless i need to type in huge amount of numbers in my shop management app.
    09-27-2017 11:55 PM
    I have mine for 3 months already, and quite liking it, in combination with a physical keyboard from Logitech it has become my go-to computational device for work, since most of my work only involves word processing and spreadsheets, the iPad has become more than sufficient, I rarely open my laptop now unless i need to type in huge amount of numbers in my shop management app.
    That’s great to hear! A lot of people are starting to replace their computers with iPads.
    Innerchild likes this.
    09-28-2017 02:58 AM
    That’s great to hear! A lot of people are starting to replace their computers with iPads.
    Apple should really bundle these things with slim functional keyboards, not another chic afterthought like the smart keyboards but the rigid ones you can actually use to use the ipad on your lap, would really launch these devices further IMO
    09-28-2017 04:34 AM
    Apple should really bundle these things with slim functional keyboards, not another chic afterthought like the smart keyboards but the rigid ones you can actually use to use the ipad on your lap, would really launch these devices further IMO
    Apple probably had lightness and portability in mind.
    09-28-2017 04:36 AM
    Really good considering the value for money. Although some compromises are there such as the screen, it's fast and works well.
    11-09-2017 05:07 AM
    Well I just picked up my first iPad yesterday. $50 off up here in Canada with our lame Black Friday sales.
    So far I am really impressed and enjoying it. I only wanted an iPad for browsing and such. I think this will do perfectly.
    Now I am completely invested into the Apple ecosystem. Just a few months ago I was am Android/Chrome fanboy. Now I am rocking a MacBook, 8+, and the iPad. Should be set now!!!
    11-26-2017 02:23 PM
    Well I just picked up my first iPad yesterday. $50 off up here in Canada with our lame Black Friday sales.
    So far I am really impressed and enjoying it. I only wanted an iPad for browsing and such. I think this will do perfectly.
    Now I am completely invested into the Apple ecosystem. Just a few months ago I was am Android/Chrome fanboy. Now I am rocking a MacBook, 8+, and the iPad. Should be set now!!!
    You are getting there! Now you just need an Apple Watch, Airpods, and or/ Beats.
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-26-2017 11:44 PM
    All you need are the AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Watch :-)
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-27-2017 02:11 AM
    I knew I was forgetting one -- the Apple TV.
    11-27-2017 12:05 PM
    I knew I was forgetting one -- the Apple TV.
    11-27-2017 12:05 PM
    It works great! Good bit of kit
    11-27-2017 12:47 PM
    Got one last week. Very happy.
    Coming from an Air 2 which lost an argument with the tile floor the difference is limited so I wouldn’t have upgraded but to buy new it’s nice
    11-27-2017 01:33 PM
    Got one last week. Very happy.
    Coming from an Air 2 which lost an argument with the tile floor the difference is limited so I wouldn’t have upgraded but to buy new it’s nice
    It must’ve been a huge jump!
    Enjoy it.
    11-27-2017 09:11 PM
    You are getting there! Now you just need an Apple Watch, Airpods, and or/ Beats.
    Ooo you guys are a bad influence. It was hard enough convincing the other half getting the new iPad so close to Xmas.
    But....there won’t be any giving up. There is always something else I can get!
    11-27-2017 10:29 PM
    Ooo you guys are a bad influence. It was hard enough convincing the other half getting the new iPad so close to Xmas.
    Everyone deserves treats...very often, especially treats. Very healthy for you apparently!
    11-27-2017 11:31 PM
    That's what friends are for!
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-28-2017 07:46 AM
    I really like my 2017 iPad! No complaints whatsoever about the device itself. My only complaint is that there is no genuine Apple Smart Case for it. I had one for my iPad Mini 4, and loved it.
    11-28-2017 10:46 AM
    I really like my 2017 iPad! No complaints whatsoever about the device itself. My only complaint is that there is no genuine Apple Smart Case for it. I had one for my iPad Mini 4, and loved it.
    There is an Apple Smart Cover for the iPad, you can find them on the Apple website. They should also be available at Apple Stores, though they may not have them on display -- you might have to get someone to get one from the back.
    tgp likes this.
    11-29-2017 08:12 AM
    There is an Apple Smart Cover for the iPad, you can find them on the Apple website. They should also be available at Apple Stores, though they may not have them on display -- you might have to get someone to get one from the back.
    Thanks, yes I had seen this. This is the Smart Cover, but I also want the Smart Case. I checked at an Apple store a couple weeks ago, and a genuine Apple Smart Case for the 2017 iPad doesn't exist.
    11-29-2017 08:18 AM
    Thanks, yes I had seen this. This is the Smart Cover, but I also want the Smart Case. I checked at an Apple store a couple weeks ago, and a genuine Apple Smart Case for the 2017 iPad doesn't exist.
    Sorry, I misread apparently. It seems as if Apple has gone away from the Smart Cases, as I don't believe they have them for the iPad Pros, either.

There are a wide variety of cases made for the iPad that have the same functionality as the Smart Cover, which perhaps is part of why Apple no longer makes them.
    11-29-2017 08:32 AM
39 12