How are you liking your 5th Gen (2017) iPad?

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Since it has now been a few months, I'm curious how people are liking their new iPads? Is it still as fast and responsive as when you bought it? Are you having trouble or are disappointed in how the iPad is working?

In my case, I've been quite happy with my iPad. It still is fast and works very well. I've had iOS 11 on my iPad for the last month and a half, or so, and it seems to do quite well -- and I like the changes they've made for the iPad. While I still wish it had anti-glare protection, I haven't had any real issues, knew that it could be an issue, and installed a screen protector to help. I have no complaints about the screen brightness or colors.

So, what has your experience been like?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have the 5th gen iPad, but I sure as heck still enjoy using my original 9.7" iPad Pro...:)....Anyway, hopefully those who currently have the 5th get iPad will reply soon.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
I've got the new 5th gen iPad & I still love it & I use it everyday too. It's still nice & fast, haven't noticed any slow down. I love how it launches games super quick it's quicker than my phone lol.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I've got the new 5th gen iPad & I still love it & I use it everyday too. It's still nice & fast, haven't noticed any slow down. I love how it launches games super quick it's quicker than my phone lol.

I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying your 5th Gen iPad

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
Since it has now been a few months, I'm curious how people are liking their new iPads? Is it still as fast and responsive as when you bought it? Are you having trouble or are disappointed in how the iPad is working?

In my case, I've been quite happy with my iPad. It still is fast and works very well. I've had iOS 11 on my iPad for the last month and a half, or so, and it seems to do quite well -- and I like the changes they've made for the iPad. While I still wish it had anti-glare protection, I haven't had any real issues, knew that it could be an issue, and installed a screen protector to help. I have no complaints about the screen brightness or colors.

So, what has your experience been like?

Got 32 gb space gray from Verizon few months ago and loving it. My first experience with Apple. Understand why people say iOS runs smooth. IOS 11Is working great. Still trying to check things out. Anyway hoping to get 8 Plus in 2 weeks.Got Apple TV too. Am slowly buying into eco system.

eccentrus

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
I have mine for 3 months already, and quite liking it, in combination with a physical keyboard from Logitech it has become my go-to computational device for work, since most of my work only involves word processing and spreadsheets, the iPad has become more than sufficient, I rarely open my laptop now unless i need to type in huge amount of numbers in my shop management app.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
I have mine for 3 months already, and quite liking it, in combination with a physical keyboard from Logitech it has become my go-to computational device for work, since most of my work only involves word processing and spreadsheets, the iPad has become more than sufficient, I rarely open my laptop now unless i need to type in huge amount of numbers in my shop management app.

That’s great to hear! A lot of people are starting to replace their computers with iPads.

eccentrus

Aug 21, 2017
Visit site
That’s great to hear! A lot of people are starting to replace their computers with iPads.
Apple should really bundle these things with slim functional keyboards, not another chic afterthought like the smart keyboards but the rigid ones you can actually use to use the ipad on your lap, would really launch these devices further IMO

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Apple should really bundle these things with slim functional keyboards, not another chic afterthought like the smart keyboards but the rigid ones you can actually use to use the ipad on your lap, would really launch these devices further IMO

Apple probably had lightness and portability in mind.

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Well I just picked up my first iPad yesterday. $50 off up here in Canada with our lame Black Friday sales.
So far I am really impressed and enjoying it. I only wanted an iPad for browsing and such. I think this will do perfectly.
Now I am completely invested into the Apple ecosystem. Just a few months ago I was am Android/Chrome fanboy. Now I am rocking a MacBook, 8+, and the iPad. Should be set now!!!

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I just picked up my first iPad yesterday. $50 off up here in Canada with our lame Black Friday sales.
So far I am really impressed and enjoying it. I only wanted an iPad for browsing and such. I think this will do perfectly.
Now I am completely invested into the Apple ecosystem. Just a few months ago I was am Android/Chrome fanboy. Now I am rocking a MacBook, 8+, and the iPad. Should be set now!!!

You are getting there! Now you just need an Apple Watch, Airpods, and or/ Beats. ;)

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

All you need are the AirPods, Apple TV, Apple Watch :)

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Got one last week. Very happy.
Coming from an Air 2 which lost an argument with the tile floor the difference is limited so I wouldn’t have upgraded but to buy new it’s nice

iwoodland

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Ooo you guys are a bad influence. It was hard enough convincing the other half getting the new iPad so close to Xmas.
But....there won’t be any giving up. There is always something else I can get!

Everyone deserves treats...very often, especially treats. Very healthy for you apparently!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro