iCloud Drive app.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
After playing around with one of my games I took a photo & uploaded it to iCloud Drive & now I've found the iCloud Drive app on my iPad. So I clicked on it & my picture is there but thought I could see my other photos I backed up to iCloud when I had my iPhone 4. Is there a way to get my older pictures in this app?

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
From my experience the photos I take that are in iCloud are in the Photos application. The iCloud drive is where my documents and things are located.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Neither iCloud back ups nor iCloud Drive are the same type storage as like Dropbox or Box. A good cloud storage app is what you might try. Google Photos is great for that. iCloud backs up what is currently on your device.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I've got that on but all I can see is the pictures I've taken on this iPad.

Go to iCloud.com on a computer and see if the photos are there.

When by setting up your iPad you didn't choose to restore from a back up, you will not be able to retrieve your photos. Your only option will be to restore your iPad to a backup. This will delete all your current apps and information from your iPad.
So, before you continue make a backup of your iPad on iCloud or on a computer.
Then restore to the backup of your iPhone 4, store the images in the Photos app on a different source like Dropbox or google Photos, or enable iCloud Photo Library and wait till all the photos are uploaded. After you're finished restore your iPad back to the latest backup you made.

I hope this helps.

Yes I know it's a lot of work and quite time consuming, but it's up to you if the photos are worth it.

Lucy Davies

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Thanks will have to try to see them on the computer first but I don't have my iPhone 4 anymore coz my ex asked for it back when we split & I had no choice. I did back up all my photos & apps etc coz I've managed to get all them back on my iPad including my music. When setting up my iPad I tried restore from back up but a message came up saying no restore available so I set it up as new but I still have all my apps & music etc.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks will have to try to see them on the computer first but I don't have my iPhone 4 anymore coz my ex asked for it back when we split & I had no choice. I did back up all my photos & apps etc coz I've managed to get all them back on my iPad including my music. When setting up my iPad I tried restore from back up but a message came up saying no restore available so I set it up as new but I still have all my apps & music etc.

If you have an iPhone, follow the same instructions on that one.
If even that fails, then I'm afraid you're out of luck.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After playing around with one of my games I took a photo & uploaded it to iCloud Drive & now I've found the iCloud Drive app on my iPad. So I clicked on it & my picture is there but thought I could see my other photos I backed up to iCloud when I had my iPhone 4. Is there a way to get my older pictures in this app?

The photos you "backup" to iCloud is not visible via the iCloud Drive. If you want to upload the pics from the "iCloud backup you made when you had your iPhone 4, you will have to restore the backup to your iPad and then move the pics over to the iCloud Drive via the share option and then selecting "Add to iCloud Drive".