I typically don't use screen protectors anymore but made an exception for the new iPad, largely to put an "anti-reflective coating" onto my iPad. Will you, have you, put a screen protector on your iPad, and what is your reason for doing so?
    04-20-2017 11:36 AM
    Nope

I'm also a guy who doesn't put a case on my 256 GB iPhone 7 Plus though so don't listen to me!
    04-20-2017 11:38 AM
    Yes, because I am a KLUTZ!!!
    I've been through 3 on my iPad Air 2

It's much cheaper to replace them than the actual screen of the iPad.
    Sherry_B and Dconn1975 like this.
    04-20-2017 11:53 AM
    Now I don't have this 2017 iPad but I have the 9.7 Pro. I have a Zagg glass installed. I had target price match it and it was like half the price from BB or Zagg site itself.
    04-20-2017 01:28 PM
    I typically don't use screen protectors anymore but made an exception for the new iPad, largely to put an "anti-reflective coating" onto my iPad. Will you, have you, put a screen protector on your iPad, and what is your reason for doing so?
    No. I've yet to put a screen protector on any of my iOS devices. For "me", it's not necessary.
    04-20-2017 02:57 PM
    Yes. Already have a Tech Armor Ballistic Glass screen protector installed.
    04-20-2017 11:36 PM
    I don't like screen protectors on my tablets. I have my iPad Pro in a logitech create case. It is fine. I am very careful with my gadgets. I always have a screen protector on my phone and my watch has one as well.
    04-21-2017 01:20 AM
    Not on my iPad though I do on my iPhone.

The iPad pretty much stays at the house, and either goes in a protective sleeve or stays in a stand on my desk. It doesn't go in my pocket like my phone does and is less likely to encounter anything that will affect the screen.
    04-21-2017 06:59 AM
    Now I don't have this 2017 iPad but I have the 9.7 Pro. I have a Zagg glass installed. I had target price match it and it was like half the price from BB or Zagg site itself.
    I have 2017 IPad and also put Zagg Glass on it. Although it stays at home I can sometimes be a little klutzy LOL It's just there for assurance.
    04-22-2017 07:36 PM
    I'm late to the thread, just got my iPad. If I can find a nice glass protector that fits (looked up tech armor since I've used them before and only a film protector was listed) especially with whatever case I end up with then I might do it. I have a Rhinoshield film on my phone because I take it in wilderness environments and want the impact protection but I don't see that kind of need with my iPad so I'd rather have the nice feel of the naked screen or at least a glass protector. My previous Nexus 7 tablet lasted 4 years and going with no scratches etc on the screen using a simple folio style case/cover so I'd rather go that route for the iPad as well.
    06-26-2017 06:05 PM
    I'm late to the thread, just got my iPad. If I can find a nice glass protector that fits (looked up tech armor since I've used them before and only a film protector was listed) especially with whatever case I end up with then I might do it. I have a Rhinoshield film on my phone because I take it in wilderness environments and want the impact protection but I don't see that kind of need with my iPad so I'd rather have the nice feel of the naked screen or at least a glass protector. My previous Nexus 7 tablet lasted 4 years and going with no scratches etc on the screen using a simple folio style case/cover so I'd rather go that route for the iPad as well.
    I used a glass screen protector from Zagg and have been very happy with it. In my case I purchased it from Best Buy and let them install it.
    06-26-2017 07:18 PM
    Yes, because I am a KLUTZ!!!
    I've been through 3 on my iPad Air 2

It's much cheaper to replace them than the actual screen of the iPad.
    I have an iPad Air 2 and I definitely have a tempered glass screen protector on it. It's a must. I don't want the first scratch on my screen and the screen protector guards that. Plus they really do help if you drop it. Typically the tempered glass will crack but saves your screen. Definitely a screen protector here.
    07-06-2017 05:14 PM
    I'm picking up the 2017 iPad for my kid.

What is the best screen protector? Since the non 'pro' iPad lacks the anti-reflective coating, are there screen protectors with high quality anti-reflective coatings to reduce the glare of overhead lights and sunlight?
    07-17-2017 10:42 PM
    I'm picking up the 2017 iPad for my kid.

What is the best screen protector? Since the non 'pro' iPad lacks the anti-reflective coating, are there screen protectors with high quality anti-reflective coatings to reduce the glare of overhead lights and sunlight?
    I think "best" is subject to personal opinion, though the glass screen protectors are preferred, since they don't change the feel of the screen. Personally, I bought a Zagg Glass protector but they can be a bit more expensive, though they also have a good replacement warranty if they break.
    07-18-2017 07:57 AM