In Market for New Ipad

Jonno74

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
I have just sold my 4th Generation 64GB Ipad for a good price :) I am however after a new Ipad to replace it but i am unsure which to go for or what to do.

My initial thought was to buy a Mini 4 because it would be really portable and b possibly ideal for my needs as I am disabled and only have use of one hand and also that I dont use it that much due to having a Mac Mini, Macbook Pro 13" and a Iphone 6S as my main devices. The Iphone will be updated on contract in October or November

I was hoping to see an update to the Mini 4 but do you guys think this is likely to happen as I dont want to buy It and then find Apple release the Mini 5 or Mini Pro which has been rumoured.

The other option would be just to go for a Ipad Pro instead at the 9.7 or do you think there will be a 10.5 version at some point ? I dont se the need or point in going for the 12.9 Pro as that is the size of my Macbook

What do you guys think Any thoughts or Ideas ?

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
There are a lot of question in there but lets tackle them one by one :D

do you think there will be a 10.5 version at some point ?

I think so, there have been a couple rumours about a 10.5" inch iPad making it's way into the line up with smiler bezels but seeing as they just updated the iPad 9.7" i don't think it will be replacing that so we might have 5 iPads in the line up come December this year.

The other option would be just to go for a Ipad Pro instead at the 9.7

I think this would be the best option, its got a fantastic screen and updated camera on the front and back (even better than the iPad Pro 12.9") :D

I dont want to buy It and then find Apple release the Mini 5 or Mini Pro which has been rumoured.

I know the feeling but, There will always be a new iPad or new Macbook Pro coming out so you can not buy because something better is coming out later. I would say, if you are able to wait until Apple releases new iPads later in the year, then i would say wait. but if buy now, you still getting a great product :)

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
A couple of thoughts. I don't think the iPad Mini 4 will be replaced soon, since they just added more memory to the current model. If they had plans of introducing a Mini 5, then I don't think they would have updated the 4.

As for which iPad is the best for you, a lot has to do with what you want/need. The iPad Pro is definitely the nicest, particularly with the True Tone display on the 9.7" but you pay a premium for having the Pro -- and the rumor is that we'll see a new version of the Pro in the next few months.

If you don't need the Pen or the Apple Keyboard cover, then they iPad is likely a good option. The downside is it is a bit larger and heavier but you'd be paying almost half as much compared to the Pro. In fact, the 32GB version is cheaper than the iPad Mini and largely has better specs. While it would be bulkier and heavier, which might be a problem, the extra screen size makes a huge difference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2