Who is picking up a new iPad

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to convince my sister to get it. She's still using the awfully slow iPad 2 that I passed down to her years ago🤦🏾*♀️

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm trying to convince my sister to get it. She's still using the awfully slow iPad 2 that I passed down to her years ago🤦🏾*♀️
My sister is still using her gen 1 mini. She's frugile to the max so she will suffer with slow performance as long as it runs to not spend money. 😂

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My sister is still using her gen 1 mini. She's frugile to the max so she will suffer with slow performance as long as it runs to not spend money. ??????

Ditched my gen 1 Mini for the Air 2 a few weeks back and like it a lot! Retina, Touch ID, and the larger screen are nice (weight is better than the full size iPad was when I got the Mini)

Carjackd

Trusted Member
Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a bit of a waiting game for me. We are gunna need some heavy duty hardware updates for me to upgrade from my air 2.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Still using my IPad Air and it works great so why switch

I thought the same thing, but I thought of it like this: if I could buy another year of my long expired warranty, would I? Would I also pay to get my Air refreshed with a brand new body, screen and battery, upgraded CPU and camera, and add Touch ID?

When I traded in my Air at Best Buy, I only had to come out of pocket $179 (plus tax) for the 2017 iPad. Basically a brand new and upgraded Air, with a fresh year warranty. And I'm so glad I did.

erasat

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, after 3 years with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S I thought at first to get the new Tab S3, but after seeing the price I decided that there is no tablet right now that worth for me $599, for my usage, no. So I had decided to just keep using the Tab S that it still has good battery and all, then looking for something else I ended up on the Apple's iPad site and saw that there is one named just iPad and for my surprise just $329 and I knew that I have found my Tab S replacement.

A lot sweeter after finding one on Swappa, New for just $280, so that's what I got. So far the perfect combination with my Galaxy S8+, so now I can still use iMessage and Find My friends with my Daughters.

djrakowski

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I bought one right after it was released and love it so far. Now I need to find a case that protects it without adding too much bulk!

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm still using my nexus 9 tablet but have been seriously considering replacing it with the 2017 iPad. I really only use the tablet for streaming sling and YouTube or mlb at bat in my bedroom so I don't need anything particularly powerful.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Will this new iPad get iOS 11?

Yes, the new iPad (2017, 5th Gen) will be updated to iOS 11. Here is the full list of iPads that will get iOS 11:

iPad Pro 12.9-inch (2nd Generation)
iPad Pro 12.9-inch (1st Generation)
iPad Pro 10.5-inch
iPad Pro 9.7-inch
The iPad Air 2
iPad Air
iPad 5th generation
The iPad Mini 4
The iPad Mini 3
iPad Mini 2