Who is picking up a new iPad

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Just got IPad from Verizon Saturday. It is My first apple device. Really just wanted to check out IOS. Price was good. Am still getting used to it but am now wanting to get IPhone later in year. When everything else is paid off.

Congrats on the iPad! How are you enjoying it? Any issues you are having?

Cbush1952

Nov 27, 2016
Visit site
So far no issues. Am enjoying it. Still getting used to os. Starting to like it so much I went to Best Buy and got Apple TV to replace Roku that is dying out. As posted earlier am planning on getting Iphone later in year when get some things paid off. Probably 6s Plus.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So far no issues. Am enjoying it. Still getting used to os. Starting to like it so much I went to Best Buy and got Apple TV to replace Roku that is dying out. As posted earlier am planning on getting Iphone later in year when get some things paid off. Probably 6s Plus.

Glad to hear it is working out for you, and congrats on the Apple TV. I have both an Apple TV and a Roku, as well. While I still tend to prefer the Roku, largely because of Amazon and other apps being available, the ATV has some nice features. One "trick", if you use Amazon, is that once you use AirPlay to mirror the video to your ATV, on your iPad (or iPhone) it shows what actors are on screen, as well as sometimes includes notes about particularly scenes.

The other think I highly recommend on the Apple TV is to set your screen saver to the Aerial screensaver. Some amazing flyovers of various cities and landscapes.

lemony0

Jan 24, 2017
Visit site
iPad's don't usually excite me but the 12.9" Pro and Smart Keyboard have got my attention. Maybe it's time to take the plunge.

mogelijk

iPad Champion
Champion
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered my new iPad, 128 GB space Gray from B&H photo. Can't wait till Wednesday !

Congrats. Sounds as if you are getting one similar to mine (though I got the Cellular model). Not sure I could handle almost a weeks worth of "anticipation". ;)

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Well I took the plunge and picked up a 128 GB space grey from the local Apple Store yesterday. Really enjoying being back on a full sized iPad!

MB64

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I picked one up but returned it. There aren't a lot of cases for them( I like otterbox), and I just find the mini better suited for my needs.

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Were you using a Playbook? I was really excited when it was announced way back when, unfortunately not much became of it.
I did have a PlayBook for a while, bought one on launch day. I really liked the hardware and OS, but it never got the developer support, so like you said, not much became of it and I ended up selling it a year later and bought an iPad 3 and Nexus 7.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, that was sad. I loved my BB 8330. Wanted the Playbook but couldn't afford it. It's sad how BlackBerry has fallen down.

jmr1015

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I did have a PlayBook for a while, bought one on launch day. I really liked the hardware and OS, but it never got the developer support, so like you said, not much became of it and I ended up selling it a year later and bought an iPad 3 and Nexus 7.

The 2nd Gen Nexus 7 was my first tablet. Great little device.

kcox52692

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
My first tablet was a 2016 Fire HD 8 16gb. Kind of hard to get used to the lack of Google services. Have since given it away. My 2nd tablet is a iPad Air 2 32gb. Still have it. 3rd and actual tablet with Google Services is an AT&T Trek 2 K88 HD 16GB. It's data enabled.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Mar 28, 2016
Visit site
I'm very tempted. A nice secondary device to complement our MacBook Pro and since my wife monopolizes the MacBook I'm stuck on just my phone. But the big Pro is tempting me and with an update possible I may wait and just get what I want for Christmas.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative