I have a Mini 2, and have been thinking of upgrading. I mainly use it to read on though, so is this new ipad comfortable to read on in bed? Is it enough of an upgrade over what I already have to make it worth my while(and money)? My mini 2 still works just fine, I just like getting new things, and it would make a great late Mother's Day gift, if I can get family to spring for it.
    06-17-2017 10:54 PM
    I picked up the LTE one from Verizon. I got it for my nephew so he can have YouTube when out and about. .
    06-18-2017 11:42 PM
    I have a Mini 2, and have been thinking of upgrading. I mainly use it to read on though, so is this new ipad comfortable to read on in bed? Is it enough of an upgrade over what I already have to make it worth my while(and money)? My mini 2 still works just fine, I just like getting new things, and it would make a great late Mother's Day gift, if I can get family to spring for it.
    I went from a mini 2 to the 2017 iPad. The larger screen makes reading a more comfortable experience...though if you have a tendency to doze off it does pack a bigger punch than the mini 2 if it falls on your face lol. The new iPad is noticeably faster and the display colours are more vibrant. And the addition of Touch ID is a nice convenience. The price ultimately was what helped make my decision to upgrade.
    stavwoz likes this.
    06-19-2017 12:03 AM
    I went from a mini 2 to the 2017 iPad. The larger screen makes reading a more comfortable experience...though if you have a tendency to doze off it does pack a bigger punch than the mini 2 if it falls on your face lol. The new iPad is noticeably faster and the display colours are more vibrant. And the addition of Touch ID is a nice convenience. The price ultimately was what helped make my decision to upgrade.
    Yeah the color gamut of the mini 2 is not good. My son has it. I don’t think they fixed the color gamut issue until the mini 4.
    06-19-2017 12:37 AM
    I've never been one to be able to fall asleep while reading, so that shouldn't be an issue! I think I'm going to pick one up, I just have to decide if I want to trade my mini in or keep it.
    06-19-2017 05:40 PM
    I'm still debating. I love the form factor of my mini2 because it's so portable. I might just upgrade to the mini4 for better colors and Touch ID. We'll see🤷🏾*♀️
    06-24-2017 10:32 AM
    I just picked up a 128GB space gray wifi version yesterday. I know it's not the high end pad but it'll work great for me. It's replacing a 4 year old 2013 model Nexus 7 tablet that's also been through a cycle of free out of warranty replacement of the main board because of an OS update that literally killed the storage chips on them. I used to be all Android and switched to iPhone when the 6s/6s+ came out and thought it would be great cause I could still have my tweaking fun with the Nexus.

It's gotten to where I just used it for some web browsing or other minor stuff though because even games that didn't rely on either OS's specific game hub many times still couldn't sync between ecosystems. Angry birds games that used a Rovio login still wouldn't stay up to date and the Minion's running game could sync via Facebook but it would still miss stuff. iPad's were always so expensive vs. my desire for just a cheap tablet like the Nexus 7. As soon as I saw this new 9.7 iPad and its pricepoint I knew my Nexus 7's days were numbered though It's not as cheap as the N7 and not as cheap as some of the Android tablets still out there, but it was a good compromise to be able to get over to an iPad.
    06-26-2017 12:36 PM
    I picked up the 2017 wifi + cellular version a month ago. I'm enjoying it so much.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    07-06-2017 03:22 PM
    As they see tablets as a long term successor to the Mac line, their business model we always saw with the Mac seems valid to me: the mainstream model (iPad 5) and the Pro line ( e.g. the MacBook Pro ). Both having their own users with varying needs.

I reckon unless you need the pencil, larger screen, top of the line processing power or better speakers that the Pro comes with then you should stick to the iPad 2017 for half the price.
    nikkisharif and kcox52692 like this.
    08-06-2017 11:42 AM
    I’m happy with the new modestly priced model more and more each day. The context might be important if I seem critical of the Pro. I have had a 12” MacBook for almost 1.5 years now, and the 5-6 year old first Retina with Lightening. My work is IT and project admin - not art or marketing or sales. The Pro is no way a laptop for my work. An iPad with a keyboard is a think less capable cluge compared to a MacBook.

Apple should do with laptops what they did with this newer iPad- a nice performance and feature update at a noticeably lower price.

This moderately priced iPad also makes sense as long as the Apple Pencil function sucks for enterprise and business where OneNote and similar are so important. Go use a Surface pen with OneNote and then look at the Apple Pencil. If you’re not an art person or marketing type it’s down right lame by comparison.

Basically the 5th gen iPad is what the product is what an iPad always should’ve been - reasonably priced, good weight, great function.
    vpblaze likes this.
    12-01-2017 10:37 AM
110 ... 345