Can I update iPad 4 to IOS 7 from IOS 6 without taking any backup?
    What is your opinion? Should I stay with IOS 6 or upgrade it to 7?
    01-07-2014 07:20 AM
    If you don't make a back up then you will have to restore new and you will loose all your settings.

You will still retain everything you purchased through the App Store and iTunes.
    01-07-2014 07:41 AM
    I backed mine up and upgraded then added it all back after and it's been flawless ever since. I love the new iOS 7 on every aspect on my ipad truthfully ,mind you still learning everyday.
    kataran likes this.
    01-10-2014 02:41 PM
    If you don't make a back up then you will have to restore new and you will loose all your settings.

You will still retain everything you purchased through the App Store and iTunes.
    An OTA upgrade won't require you to restore as new so you shouldn't lose anything.
    But a backup is recommended regardless.
    01-10-2014 05:49 PM
    You can just make a backup if you are a little afraid that your files might get lost in the update. Also just wait till ios 7.0.4 comes out because its a little okay than the other ios versions.
    03-03-2014 12:42 AM
    Can I update iPad 4 to IOS 7 from IOS 6 without taking any backup?
    What is your opinion? Should I stay with IOS 6 or upgrade it to 7?
    I would stay with IOS 6, I'm extremely sorry I updated to IOS 7 as you're robbed of how wallpapers fit your screen, the bar at the bottom is bigger and has no options of customizing it, they should have left that alone in the 3D mode it was as in IOS 6, besides icon changing in IOS 7 it's not much different but as I mentioned above, you lose a lot with IOS 7. Not sure what Apple was thinking with the new IOS as I spoke to a Tech the day after, they didn't even notice the fact that you can't fit your regular wallpapers within the screen, no adjustments at all. If you don't have a warranty on your iPad Jail Break it, so many options that rock, youtube some videos on the Jail break and see what others are doing

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums
    06-22-2014 07:33 PM