I have an ipad 4 jailbroken on 6.1.2. I installed appsync ios 5+ thru cydia and clicked to respring. Now all I get is a bright apple logo for a bit followed by a dimmed apple logo. After a few minutes this cycle repeats itself. I have iLex Rat installed on the ipad and tried to get it to run thru iFunbox. The problem I encounter is that in iFunbox, it lists my ipad in the devices but continues to say connecting to device. It continues to do this but never actually connects. Eventually the ipad itself disconnects and reconnects to the computer making the sound.
    I have tried hard reboot (home + power) to no avail. Also the safe boot by using the volume thing doesn't work on this ipad unless I'm doing it wrong. I held it for minutes and didn't work.
    How can I keep my current ios system and jailbreak without having to restore or upgrade causing me to lose my jailbreak? I think if I can get ilex rat to work I should be fine but I can't seem to get it to work.
    Someone please help me.
    12-19-2013 09:29 PM
    Piracy doesn't pay! U tried installing a version that isn't compatible with your iOS which is why u are where u are. Download Semi-restore online and run that and it will get u back to life hopefully. If not, a full restore thru iTunes may be in your future.
    iOS Gravity and Spencerdl like this.
    12-19-2013 09:32 PM
    I have an ipad 4 jailbroken on 6.1.2. I installed appsync ios 5+ thru cydia and clicked to respring. Now all I get is a bright apple logo for a bit followed by a dimmed apple logo. After a few minutes this cycle repeats itself. I have iLex Rat installed on the ipad and tried to get it to run thru iFunbox. The problem I encounter is that in iFunbox, it lists my ipad in the devices but continues to say connecting to device. It continues to do this but never actually connects. Eventually the ipad itself disconnects and reconnects to the computer making the sound.
    I have tried hard reboot (home + power) to no avail. Also the safe boot by using the volume thing doesn't work on this ipad unless I'm doing it wrong. I held it for minutes and didn't work.
    How can I keep my current ios system and jailbreak without having to restore or upgrade causing me to lose my jailbreak? I think if I can get ilex rat to work I should be fine but I can't seem to get it to work.
    Someone please help me.
    Use this. I never really used it but I heard it works. Semi-Restore for iOS 5.0-6.1.2 You're in luck since the latest version it supports is iOS 6.1.2.
    12-19-2013 09:34 PM
    Piracy doesn't pay! U tried installing a version that isn't compatible with your iOS which is why u are where u are. Download Semi-restore online and run that and it will get u back to life hopefully. If not, a full restore thru iTunes may be in your future.
    Weird how I was in the middle of typing and someone just read my mind.
    kataran and Spencerdl like this.
    12-19-2013 09:35 PM
    If I'm not mistaken doesn't iLex Rat and Semi-Restore serve the same purpose? I already have iLex Rat installed on the actual iPad but cannot get it to run thru iFunBox.
    So if I understand correctly, I would still be able to run Semi-Restore even though I do not have it installed on the iPad whereas iLex Rat would require me to have it preinstalled on the iPad before running on the PC?
    I truly appreciate all your help.
    12-19-2013 09:51 PM
    Sorry 1 more question. Because the Ipad 4 keeps going thru the cycle of bright/dim apple logo and consequently disconnecting and connecting to the computer, will this affect running Semi-Restore or will it take care of it immediately? My concern is that while semi restore is running, the ipad will disconnect since the apple logo comes on and off causing semi restore to malfunction and brick the ipad.
    12-19-2013 10:05 PM
    Do semi restore works I have tried on my friends iPhone but it didn't work then did full restore

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk - now Free
    12-19-2013 11:09 PM
    I tried Semi Restore but upon completion i'm back in the same place. The apple logo comes on and goes away but it didn't get me into the system. However now the computer fully recognized my device and I can open it up in iFunbox. What can I do now? I would have ran iLex Rat but that was wiped off because of Semi Restore. Also when I try to run Semi Restore again it states to make sure that my device is untethered jailbroken which it shows it is in iFunbox. Not sure what I'm to do now. Please don't respond by saying do a system restore
    12-19-2013 11:19 PM
    Try booting in safe mode, open cydia, delete Appsync, reboot. Problem should be resolved.
    12-20-2013 01:54 AM
    Try booting in safe mode, open cydia, delete Appsync, reboot. Problem should be resolved.
    I wish it was that easy. I tried booting in safe mode but it doesn't work. I pushed home + power button until apple logo came back on and then kept volume up button pushed for over a minute but nothing. Does safe boot even work with ipad 4? Couldn't find any youtube videos.
    I ended up using Semi Restore which didn't work and got rid of ilex rat. The only positive is that now the PC can read the ipad. In iFunbox it still shows my ipad on 6.1.2 and jailbroken.
    There's got to be a way around this someone please help.
    12-20-2013 02:20 AM