What's a good asking price for a Ipad 4?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going to be selling my 32gb WIFI only I pad 4 (due to my kinda lack of using it lately) and I'm wondering what should be a good price I could get for it and what's just highway robbery?

I'm not sure if I'm going to go through eBay or Gazelle.com

On eBay, I've seen them sell anywhere from 350 to 435. But I don't know how much eBay and PayPal are going to take.

On Gazelle, the offer they have is 255 dollars. It's less than I would probably get then on eBay, but that's a guaranteed price, free shipping, and faster payment turnaround. And less hassle.

Anyway, is 255 dollars good? Or just roll the dice on eBay?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I have one , and can't put it down. Awesome tablet. If you really want to sell it put it out there. See what happens.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
$255 is crap. I just sold my wife's iPad Mini 16GB for $285 on eBay...eBay takes 10%, and PayPal takes a tiny little %. Gazelles offer was $170 on it. I made almost $100 profit over what I would have got on Gazelle AFTER fees and shipping.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I hope the OP isn't going to business school as he mentions this school place he attends (maybe it's a special school). He seems to be able to compile the necessary info he needs to make a simple decision. I'm not sure what happens to him afterwards though. Is it a lack of confidence? Some bizarre need for "crowd sourced affirmation?" Inability at problem solving? Was always bad at multiple choice tests?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope the OP isn't going to business school as he mentions this school place he attends (maybe it's a special school). He seems to be able to compile the necessary info he needs to make a simple decision. I'm not sure what happens to him afterwards though. Is it a lack of confidence? Some bizarre need for "crowd sourced affirmation?" Inability at problem solving? Was always bad at multiple choice tests?

Stay classy, bro

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Oh, and reported BTW

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It just eBay seemed more of a hassle.

Have you considered selling it here via the forums? If you decide to give it a try, be sure to create the thread in the Marketplace Forum, and be sure to use the below template:

Thread title: (WTS/WTT)
Item Description:
Price:
Carrier Locked or Unlocked?:
Condition:
Includes:
Item Location:
Shipping Details: *
Payment Options:
Additional Info:
Photos: **
Contact Info - Please PM or post below (do not post your email address)

* We suggest using a means of shipping that provides tracking information such as USPS with delivery confirmation, FedEx or UPS. For the extra couple bucks it is worth it to both the buyer and seller.

** Required. No web or ‘stock’ photos please. Post a picture of the item in your possession that you wish to sell.

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Go eBay. You will get more for the money from there than Gazelle. I have never tried Craigslist but to me it seems easier. I sold my iPad 3 64gb Verizon for $480. Paypal and Ebay got about $40 altogether.

aof123

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Just sold mine for $400 on Craigslist. I think if you got the right buyer, you should be able to get anywhere between $375-$425.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I sold my 32gig wifi 3rd gen for $275. I would say ask $375 on Craig's list or list it here in our marketplace.

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I was wondering what my white 64gig with 4 different cases(Logitech Fabric Folio + Ultrathin, Apple Red Smart cover + case), Zagg invisi-shield. It doesn't have Apple Care since it's only been used at home. One caveat: it has an engraving on it, I don't know what possessed me to engrave it since I never took it out of a case.