Are we ready for a 13inch ipad?

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Have the ipad 4 and think the size is perfect, for me I think thirteen would be to big, but that's for me.other may have use for it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm in agreement with taz323. Too many people thought that the iPad was too big and wanted a smaller version. We now have the iPad Mini, and it is an adored device. It doesn't make sense, at least not to me, for Apple to develop an iPad larger than the current size. Is there even a demand for one?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Rumor has it that a 13inch ipad is in the works...

Have the ipad 4 and think the size is perfect, for me I think thirteen would be to big, but that's for me.other may have use for it.

Great... I’ll just lug that around with my iPad Mini-sized iPhone... really, people? So much for the concept of "mobile computing"... we’re headed back to "lug-gable computing"...

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Current size on the iPad and iPad Mini is good for me..

But others always want something different, because others are doing it different.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I can't imagine a 13 in iPad.

When I travel I bring both my MacBook Air & my iPad2.
The good news they both way less than my old Windows laptop

Good Luck

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Doubt it. 10" and 7" are plenty big for a tablet. Just like 4" is plenty big for a phone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I doubt it unless it was made as some sort of desktop version like a iMac or something

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Jerry_

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No, don't see any use for a handheld device with a 13" screen ( not only to speak about the size, but also the extra weight for the battery if you want to keep uptime).

Agree with previous posters that if a user wants a 13", they should go for an MBA (with the understanding that this is then OSX and not iOS)

Which brings the next consideration: would it make sense to have an MBA with a touchsensitive screen?

Again, I don't think so, but maybe that some business sectors/industries have a need for it.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would like a bigger screen if Apple were able to do it without increasing the form factor, may e reducing the size of the bezels. That would definitely be ok with me.

Sent from my smoking hot, white, 64 GB iPhone 5.

sanc333

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
if apple comes out with 13 inch iPad then i would want a tailored version of OSX rather than iOS running on that.

rurocking

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I think it would be a great idea, but only if it allows for memory expansion. I built in keyboard would be nice and that would replace the need for laptop.

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
A 13" ipad,,, yea, sign me up,,,, while not as portable as my ipad 2, Galaxy Nexus 10 or Samsung Tab 3 8" an 13" ipad would be my main go to tablet for my home computing needs,,,,, my PC laptop would quickly start collecting dust.

I totaly will buy a larger ipad if one is released,,,, I already plan on buying the soon to be released 12" Samsung Note tablet.

Cheers
Davyo

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Doubt it. 10" and 7" are plenty big for a tablet. Just like 4" is plenty big for a phone.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

You do know the majority of people would disagree with your opinion that a 4" phone is plenty big enough.

Just looking at how much the sales of larger screen Android phones are gaining over the iphone proves that.

Like a huge number of others I also switched from the tiny 4" iphone screen to the GS4 mainly because of the too small iphone screen,,,, when Apple comes out with a larger than 4" screen I might come back.

One size does not fit all.

I generally find that most people that claim a 4" screen is plenty big enough say that because they have never owned a bigger than 4" screen,,, or,,, that they are just fanboys of only one platform and have to defend Apple.

Cheers
Davyo

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
It'd have to be a higher resolution to retain retina which is too much of a tradeoff (because of how it affects iOS apps, etc) for a product whose demand is questionable.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR