Bookmark synching with PC

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
So I've just had a new Comcast Internet service installed at my place. Just under a week later I realized that my iPad, mine and my girlfriend's iPhones, and our PC using Internet Explorer are all synching bookmark-wise.

I changed a bunch of bookmarks on my iPhone and the other 3 devices all matched the phone soon after. This has nothing to do with iCloud, particularly since my girlfriend and I have completely different Apple accounts.

I called Comcast and they were notably unhelpful. Here's what I tried: on the PC, control panel>network and sharing>network and sharing center>advanced sharing settings. I turned off files and printer sharing and public folder sharing.

I don't know if this will work. Have to wait a bit and find out. Anyone seen this issue and resolved it successfully? The concept of Explorer and Safari bookmark synching with each other is a little mind-blowing to me for some reason.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
On the PC do you have the iCloud service installed?

That is how bookmarks sync from iDevice to PC or Mac.

You can both have different Apple IDs but on the PC they are set to the same. If that it is the case go to her PC and either turn off bookmark sync, or change the AppleID you have setup in the iCloud application on the PC.

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Before the Comcast account this wasn't happening. We are using the same devices and wireless router.

Besides, her PC iCloud account is tied in with her Apple ID. The iPhone and iPad are mine. Why would changing bookmarks on my phone mess with her PC and her phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR