How do I delete photos that are in the camera roll and last synced folders? I only have the option of clicking each one by one. This is annoying as I have over 2k photos to dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 while driving in reverse
    06-06-2013 12:09 AM
    You can delete a whole album by going to your photos, and pushing the edit button. Then you can choose which albums to delete.
    06-06-2013 04:51 AM
    I did that and all the photos are still in the camera roll which you can only delete one by one.

06-06-2013 07:07 AM
    Can't do it on your device, but if you hook it up to your computer you could do it from there.
    06-06-2013 08:17 AM
    First: Make sure that you are seeing all the photos at once and can see the edit button and are unable to see a rubbish bin(shows up with one photo open in Photos app). Then after clicking edit, click on multiple photos so a check mark will show up on the ones you want do delete. Thirdly select delete. Rinse & Repeat.
    06-06-2013 09:02 AM
    First: Make sure that you are seeing all the photos at once and can see the edit button and are unable to see a rubbish bin(shows up with one photo open in Photos app). Then after clicking edit, click on multiple photos so a check mark will show up on the ones you want do delete. Thirdly select delete. Rinse & Repeat.
    That is exactly what the OP says is the problem—"I only have the option of clicking each one by one. This is annoying as I have over 2K photos to dump."
    06-06-2013 09:29 AM
    @Massie: I was just making sure that was where they were and how they were doing it. Sometimes those extra details can help find a solution. I try to think like a "Genius" Bar employee.
    06-06-2013 09:53 AM
    That is exactly what the OP says is the problem"I only have the option of clicking each one by one. This is annoying as I have over 2K photos to dump."
    This. I can click each one but not select all.

06-06-2013 10:48 PM
    @eastbayrae: I just had to make sure that was using the icon with the flower on it. And from what I am also wondering is are you able to not select several at a time and Delete? This is the only way I know how to delete from the default folder. It is currently not possible to completely erase all 2k photos en-masse. Exception 'possibly' found: If using iCloud backup, exclude the Camera Roll from backup and go from there. I am not willing to risk this right now, but it's a possibility.
    06-07-2013 09:48 AM
    You can also try setting up an appointment with 'Genius' Bar at an Apple Store.
    06-07-2013 09:50 AM
    Do you really mean Camera roll or Photo library? Coz you can delete photos easily on camera roll. on photo library you have to delete the pictures on the synced folders.
    06-07-2013 10:23 AM
    If they go are opening the camera icon and not the photos icon with the flower on it, then that is what I can currently see them doing. But, if they are using the icon with the flower on it, then I don't know what else to suggest.
    06-07-2013 10:36 AM
    Before the misunderstandings get any bigger: the original poster does know how to delete photos, but is asking if there is any way to select them all at the same time without tapping them one by one.

Yes, you can "delete photos easily" but the question is about selecting ALL PHOTOS AT ONCE. The answer to that is that no, it cannot be done on the device in any way, and it doesn't matter if you are in Camera Roll, Photo Library, or anywhere else. It is simply not an option.

The only time you can delete more than one photo without tapping on each one to select it as part of the group is when you delete an entire album created by an app like Instagram. (To do that, it's Photos>Albums>Edit>DeleteAlbum.) Otherwise it has to be done by selecting each photo first, or on a laptop/desktop connection.
    06-07-2013 04:50 PM
    I have i phone, but it creating problem for me, I want to upload new photos in it and it shows error. Can any one in this forum help me to solve this problem.
    Start another thread because this isn't even relevant to what I posted.

Back on topic: I ended up just deleting all of them by clicking on them individually.

06-13-2013 08:34 PM