New iPad 4, to JB or not to JB.........

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Since you stated that it is "for work", I would recommend against jailbreaking it.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Since you stated that it is new for work or not, You know you will use it for personal as well. Why JB a brand new iPad 4? Leave it be and enjoy it stock.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Come on D, come over to to jailbreak

(Laughing)... If I had not gone customization crazy when I rooted my Android devices then I probably would jailbreak my iPhone and iPad, but as it stands right now, I'm content with it the way it is, my friend. :)

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would use it stock for a month and then JB. Use it JB'd for a month and then decide for yourself. I have been JB'd and Stock and for now I am back to stock.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got my iPad 4 for work and it has 6.0.1. Decisions, decisions, decisions.......

For security purposes I would update it. I jail broke my 1st gen iPad and I was so what. (Apple really needs to impliment the drop down menue you get when you swipe down in the upper left corner.) I don't pirate, besides, didn't the pirate site voluntarily shut down ?

Please don't read into the pirating comment, I am not assuming you would do this to pirate.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
For security purposes I would update it. I jail broke my 1st gen iPad and I was so what. (Apple really needs to impliment the drop down menue you get when you swipe down in the upper left corner.) I don't pirate, besides, didn't the pirate site voluntarily shut down ?

Please don't read into the pirating comment, I am not assuming you would do this to pirate.

Alrighty then.....not sure where that came from or was going. Decided to JB just to have SBSettings again. Keep trying to swipe to turn wifi on/off and keep forgetting I don't have the option. But other that, I may leave it semi-stock; without all the themes and tweaking like on my 4S.

Mr.Willie

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Alrighty then.....not sure where that came from or was going. Decided to JB just to have SBSettings again. Keep trying to swipe to turn wifi on/off and keep forgetting I don't have the option. But other that, I may leave it semi-stock; without all the themes and tweaking like on my 4S.

Where what came from ? The 6.1.3 update fixes the lock screen bypass security issue. You did mention it was for work. But yes I miss the SBSettings swipe. Hopefully it will make it into iOS 7

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods