How many of you bought the MINI and came back to the Ipad 4 and why?

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
How many of you bought the MINI and came back to the Ipad 4 and why?

i have both, and can only keep one and i am TORN.

portability means nothing to me as it stays at home..jsut trying to make a decision...and looking to the future (IOS7)..also, both are jailbroken which i want..the Mini has 6.1.2, and my IPad4 came with 6.0.1

Thank you!!

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
i agree...the ONLY THING is i love the retina screen. thats the only issue with me...

wonder which would hold its vlaue more also?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love my iPad Mini, and cannot envision any reason why I would go back to the full size iPad short of losing access (damage/lost/theft) of my iPad Mini. As far as I am concerned, it’s no contest.

dvigue

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
I love my iPad Mini, and cannot envision any reason why I would go back to the full size iPad short of losing access (damage/lost/theft) of my iPad Mini. As far as I am concerned, it’s no contest.
Ty! and lack of retina does not bother you? the ONLY part of that that bothers me is reading website...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Ty! and lack of retina does not bother you? the ONLY part of that that bothers me is reading website...

I had an issue with this on my Mini as well until I started using "Mercury Browser" for iPad. The ability to change the font size within the browser has made a huge difference to me on my iPad Mini.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I bought my iPad Mini on launch and while I do wish it had a retina display like my iPhone 5, I don't see myself giving it up until the iPad 5 or Mini 2 is released.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a 4 and wife a mini I like both but I like my big screen lol she likes the portability I guess it's up to the person

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
My Mini stays next to my bed and my iPad4 stays in my bag to take with me.

The Mini is a much better form factor to read on.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My Mini stays next to my bed and my iPad4 stays in my bag to take with me.

The Mini is a much better form factor to read on.

0.o I believe you are the complete opposite to most people who prefer the mini to carry around due to its form factor and the full size iPad for reading and surfing at home.

Another thing I find interesting/funny is that yes, I know the mini is smaller lighter and all! but people the full size iPad IS STILL easy to carry around is thin and is not heavy, sometimes this mini-full size iPad comparison make it sound like if it was the biggest thing around which is not. Some people still even prefer to carry their laptops.

And to the OP the final decision is up to you but since you already pointed out that you prefer the retina (and if the "size" is not a problem) you pretty much already made your decision.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I watch a lot of movies on the iPad the mini is not as good for this IMO.. And if your not traveling with it the mini really doesn't have a purpose IMO. Everyone has there own preference but most answer will be biased because a person owns one or the other.. Look at your own needs and decide which size works best

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with this on my Mini as well until I started using "Mercury Browser" for iPad. The ability to change the font size within the browser has made a huge difference to me on my iPad Mini.

I use Mercury browser on my iphone 5 and the ability to change the font size and reflow the text is amazing. There is Reader in Safari, but not all websites are Reader enabled. Safari is still faster than Mercury, but Mercury is fast enough.

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I'am really enjoying the mini for reading best thing I have bought in a long time and I use it everyday without fail I think I use it more then I did use the regular iPad the only time I use a 9'7 iPad now is to watch catch up program's,stream media from western digital, may browse on it lightly now and again or read emails a part from that mini in my hand

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I'am really enjoying the mini for reading best thing I have bought in a long time and I use it everyday without fail I think I use it more then I did use the regular iPad the only time I use a 9'7 iPad now is to watch catch up program's,stream media from western digital, may browse on it lightly now and again or read emails a part from that mini in my hand

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Same here. I couldn't use the larger iPad for reading because it's too big to hold with one hand, and too difficult to prop up. But the Mini is perfect for an e-reader.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I watch a lot of movies on the iPad the mini is not as good for this IMO.. And if your not traveling with it the mini really doesn't have a purpose IMO. Everyone has there own preference but most answer will be biased because a person owns one or the other.. Look at your own needs and decide which size works best

I have both. In fact, I have owned every iPad model except the iPad 4th gen. And I much prefer the iPad Mini. The screen is actually more retina-like than the first or second generation (same resolution on a smaller screen)... and is sufficient for everything that I need it for. I watch movies, surf the net, play games, etc and have no problems doing so. The retina display of gen 3/4 is nice, but I much prefer the smaller form factor over the modest increase in screen resolution. I admit to having a "bias", but it’s not based on which device I own, because, as I said, I have them all in my home. I prefer it because, for me, it’s more convenient to use.

JobSteves

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

As I've said before.

There's only two times that I even notice at all that my iPad mini isn't retina display.

The first is when I'm viewing microscopic text. Then it's quite obvious that it's not retina display but 99.9% of the time I'm not reading small text anyway. Even the text in iBooks is big enough that I barely even notice it is not retina display.

The other time that I notice that it's not retina display is when I'm actively focusing on just how the display looks. When I'm actually using the device as it was meant to be used such as browsing the web or playing a game etc. etc. etc. I don't even notice whatsoever that it isn't retina display. Only when I consciously try and focus on the actual crispness of the display do I notice it's actually not retina.

And in my own opinion the form factor is 100 times better than my fianc?'s iPad 4.

So all in all even though the iPad mini screen is non-retina I still think it's ******* gorgeous. Anyone who says that the iPad mini's display sucks or is like sandpaper on your eyes are just spoiled from the use of a retina display and for some reason will take nothing less.

easyrun99

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I do miss the real estate of the full size iPad, but not the ginormous bezel. If the next iPad Retina has a form factor that includes a reduced bezel, I will definitely entertain going back to the bigger screen. With that said, the Mini is super-convenient.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
In your opinion :) I have a 4 and its what the iPad should have been from the start :)

IMHO, while both of these are iPads are similar, they are still different in terms of hardware, and since every device has to start somewhere, I think both of these iPads are what they should have been from the start, which is nothing less than awesome!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods