MacBook Air or iPad

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
And how do you copy a DVD to itunes and watch them there? You mean by ripping the movie using itunes?

Yeah. You use a program like Handbrake, or one of the many other ripping programs, to copy it to your computer. Then import that into iTunes. From there, you can watch it on your computer, stream it to your Apple TV, or sync it onto your iDevices.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah. You use a program like Handbrake, or one of the many other ripping programs, to copy it to your computer. Then import that into iTunes. From there, you can watch it on your computer, stream it to your Apple TV, or sync it onto your iDevices.

I wouldn't be interested in ripping CDs and DVDs. I just want to be able to watch the HD movies I've purchased on iTunes and perhaps read some of my books. One of the reasons I wanted to get a MacBook is that the iPad is starting to feel a little redundant because I have an iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't be interested in ripping CDs and DVDs. I just want to be able to watch the HD movies I've purchased on iTunes and perhaps read some of my books. One of the reasons I wanted to get a MacBook is that the iPad is starting to feel a little redundant because I have an iPhone.

Well you can definitely watch your HD movies. I can confirm that they are working on iBooks for Mac and should be coming this year.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think that I'm going to go to the Apple store today to make my purchase. I'm still not 100 percent certain as to what I'm going to walk out of the store with.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I would go for the Macbook air if i had a choice - although both are pretty cool. Ideally you want to get both - it depends on if you want to be more mobile or not. Do you need the computer i.e web design etc... or are you just using it for browsing the web?

If just browsing go for the iPad.

Step By Step Video Tutorials For The iPad >> iPad Video Lessons ? Step By Step Video Lessons For The iPad

I use my iPad for a little more than browsing the web. I like to watch movies, play games, some document creation and editing, reading books, and some simple phot and video editing. I don't really use it for work because I have a computer at my office that I use.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I've found that I really appreciate not having to go dig out the superdrive I used with my MBA if I want to stick in a CD or DVD since the MBP has a disc drive. Just something else to consider.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd give the refurbs a look at apple.com Refurbished and Clearance iPod, iPad & Mac Products - Free Shipping - Apple Store (U.S.). The ipad 3 16gb LTE for example is 459. I never really noticed a performance difference between the ipad 3 vs the 4. There's still a lot more 30pin accessories out there vs lightning. If you shop their ebay store, you can save on tax as well. I've seen 3 purchases from friends (and another personally) from ebay. It's totally legit. One year applecare, looks brand new. Customer service is quick as one friend returned his and got his refund just hours after he dropped it off at UPS and was in the tracking system. New iPad 3rd Generation, iPod Touch items in Refurbished Outlet store on eBay!

But even if you get a Macbook, they've got refurbs for those as well. A 13" MBP retina pops up there time to time which I would get over an MBA. Refurbished 13.3-inch MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Dual-core Intel Core i5 with Retina Display - Apple Store (U.S.)

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I ended up getting the iPad 4 and getting my wife an iPad mini for the cost if perhaps one MacBook Air or pro. Played with the the MacBook in the store and I wasn't feeling it. I know the MacBook is an overall better product. But, the iPad seems to suit me a little better. Thanks for the help. It really was a tough decision.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I ended up getting the iPad 4 and getting my wife an iPad mini for the cost if perhaps one MacBook Air or pro. Played with the the MacBook in the store and I wasn't feeling it. I know the MacBook is an overall better product. But, the iPad seems to suit me a little better. Thanks for the help. It really was a tough decision.

Glad we were able to help and you're happy! Congrats on the purchase!

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Yey congrats on your purchase Dwayne! Here's something that I think comes useful to any old and new iPad user, a couple of apps by appadvice.com

1- Appstart for iPad: it's a very good guide on how to squeeze the juice out of your iPad, app suggestions and such.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/appstart-for-ipad-2012-edition/id408984648?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

2- Apps gone free: which help you see/get some cool apps that go free for a limited time.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/apps-gone-free-best-daily/id470693788?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Enjoy your new device!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Was at bestbuy today and was checking out the MacBook, they are sweet.

First time checking out the Mac? Owning one is even better than just trying in the store. They are fast, stable, and beautiful machines. Plus, they work amazingly well with your iOS devices.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
First time checking out the Mac? Owning one is even better than just trying in the store. They are fast, stable, and beautiful machines. Plus, they work amazingly well with your iOS devices.

It so has me rethinking this PC thing.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have had the MBAir and loved it, sad when I sold it to get a MBP since I needed the optical drive with me more than I need a ultrabook. What its going to come down to is what you really want each type of device to do for you. The iPad with a keyboard is pretty close to a MBA but its not a real laptop replacement. The MBA is a great portable to have with instant on but no LTE built in, no touchscreen, etc. I would make a list of what you want and then what each device can do for you and go from there. I think you will be surprised by the answer.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the MBAir and loved it, sad when I sold it to get a MBP since I needed the optical drive with me more than I need a ultrabook. What its going to come down to is what you really want each type of device to do for you. The iPad with a keyboard is pretty close to a MBA but its not a real laptop replacement. The MBA is a great portable to have with instant on but no LTE built in, no touchscreen, etc. I would make a list of what you want and then what each device can do for you and go from there. I think you will be surprised by the answer.

I currently own the iPad Air and have a bluetooth keyboard case with it and it has been a great laptop replacement. With productivity apps, 32 GB of storage, sufficient cloud services, and the keyboard, I have not needed a laptop and have not once been in a situation where I felt like I didn't have what I needed to complete a task. Been 100 percent satisfied with my iPad Air as a laptop replacement.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro