iPad, Safari, and drop down menus

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I got an iPad the other day and I have a issue regarding drop down menus on web pages. Some sites I go to have drop down menus that only activate if you mouse over them. Obviously on an iPad, with no mouse, this is an issue as the menu won't drop down. On a PC I can get to the menus with the 'Tab' key. This doesn't work on the iPad. I tried via the virtual keyboard and a wireless keyboard. Is there a way around or a keyboard shortcut to fix it?

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Does the menu drop down when you click it, or can you still navigate to where you want to go if it takes you somewhere? Usually the menu works. Can you provide some example websites?

eastbayrae

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This is a site for tracking things we do at work. It's not open to the public. When I click on the menu it won't drop down.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I've found that with a lot of the drop downs you just have to click it and let it take you to the homepage for that heading, then make your selection. I know it's not ideal, but that's part of the problem with a mouse-based web while using multitouch.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Trialnterror

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My sons schools website is like this too it's sandridge.wsd.net it has drop down menus that will not work in safari but strangely they will work with the iPad chrome browser ???????

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73