iPad 4 128 GB announced!

aarontodd

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
As a working music artist, I really do need to have a lot of audio files stored locally. I am fortunate that Best Buy honored my return/exchange of the 64 gig, and I now have the 128 gig ipad. The store also told me that as long as the Verizon ver. is available w/in the 30 day return period, I can exchange again, and pay the difference. Music to my ears.

F34R

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I just bought an iPad4 32GB less than a week ago. Without putting movies or music on it, I have 1.9GB left. :( I'm seriously considering getting the 128GB.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Lets see, it costs $100 more to get 128GB instead of 64GB so its a no brainer when it comes to that. I need as much storage as possible since I need to d/l a significant amount of training content for offline viewing for my certifications and with the 128GB version I no longer have to balance what I have app wise vs what I can carry content wise. I can create a huge amount of .pdf's of technical specs to keep for client meetings so again why not. Apps are not getting smaller they are getting bigger and why should I have to delete them every time to make room.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I need the LTE connection, just can't live with WiFi only tablets anymore and what is out there with data connections from Android just isn't something I care for. I know its rumored the iPad 5 may come next month but it may not so I am just looking to pick one up next week.

Yell0w

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Does this mean that the lowest standard would be the 32GB? Or would they have 4 different storages?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Given the size of apps these days and the fact that so many users want to carry more with them and data is getting more expensive. Apple should simply relegate 16GB as the entry level model and only on the old model they ship. Make the new models 32GB, 64GB and 128GB they certainly can afford it and it will differentiate it with ipad mini vs iPad consumers.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I would get the LTE capable one, you don't have to turn the data on, but if you decide to its there otherwise its HotSpot hunting and MiFi in the pocket.

dwayne.williams

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If I had gotten they I and used my iPad away from home, I would have gotten the LTE version. But I only use my iPad when I'm at home. I put the iPhone down and pick up the iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Given the size of apps these days and the fact that so many users want to carry more with them and data is getting more expensive. Apple should simply relegate 16GB as the entry level model and only on the old model they ship. Make the new models 32GB, 64GB and 128GB they certainly can afford it and it will differentiate it with ipad mini vs iPad consumers.

Couldn't agree with this post more. :D

grassyblue

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site

Yeah, I could see them doing that so long as it doesn't cut into their almighty profit margins. But, maybe not a problem with how quickly the cost is falling for flash chips these days.

I don't need 128GB for an iPad. Then again, I'm not a hoarder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh