Having trouble getting PDF's to iBooks

HarryStamper

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I got an iPad 4 today and everything went smoothly during the install except for iBooks. I have a number of PDF's that I store in iBooks.
They never got installed from the iCloud backup. I thought I could send them via email and send them to iBooks when I open them.
However, with the iPad it does not seem to work that way, I am not getting the dialog box to "Open in iBooks". Any ideas????

iBradA5

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I recently restored my iPhone and I couldn't get my PDFs on there again either. Everything restored through iCloud except PDFs. Possibly an iOS 6.0.1 issue?

cyberpaw

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
I send a lot of pdfs to my iPad 3. I just send it as an attachment to my email. When I open the email, I open the pdf, then click on the arrow at top and it says open in iBooks. It could be that you need to doenload the free version of PDFReader to get it to work. Also, I have had a few pdfs that had security on them that did not allow me to do anything but open them, but it was only a couple.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you want to put the PDFs in iBooks without emailing them to yourself open iTunes click on Books and drag the PDFs into the list. Sync with the iPad and then when you go into iBooks hit the button at the top that says Books choose PDFs and the shelf will flip around showing all the PDFs.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2