10 reasons why the iPad 4 is worth getting:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Found this nice write up today about why the 4'th generation iPad is worth getting. It is what helped change my mind about the iPad Mini that I was going to get and order the iPad 4 to replace my iPad 3 instead. Page 2 - iPad 4-Gen: 10 Reasons Why Apple's Full-Size Tablet Is Worth Buying

Here are the 10 reasons that are listed in the link:

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

4. It won't be updated any time soon

5. The big display is important

6. For corporate users, it's what employees want

7. The design hasn't changed

8. The mobility factor is still there

9. The competition is subpar

10. Bet on the quality

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The only thing on that list that would make me even think about updating my iPad 3 would be the A6X processor. But its not like my iPad 3 is slow by any means, it will still be viable in 2 years, and my iPad 3 is jailbroken and thats huge.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
If I was in the market for a full size tablet, I'd get the 4th generation, no question.

But I have been awaiting a smaller iPad and Friday I will have it.

geekpeter

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Found this nice write up today about why the 4'th generation iPad is worth getting. It is what helped change my mind about the iPad Mini that I was going to get and order the iPad 4 to replace my iPad 3 instead. Page 2 - iPad 4-Gen: 10 Reasons Why Apple's Full-Size Tablet Is Worth Buying

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

10. Bet on the quality

so the only notable difference to the ipad3 then is the processor, marginal camera buff and everything else pretty much identical?

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry but to say the competition is sub par is not true there are already android tablets on the market that out perform the iPad and now with the Nexus 10 coming soon that beast will definetly blow the iPad 4 away with its screen resolution and bench mark tests. Not only that its eco system isn't locked down like the apple products are.

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry but to say the competition is sub par is not true there are already android tablets on the market that out perform the iPad and now with the Nexus 10 coming soon that beast will definetly blow the iPad 4 away with its screen resolution and bench mark tests. Not only that its eco system isn't locked down like the apple products are.

No Android tablet outperforms the iPad. Microsoft has a better chance at selling tablets then Android.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I have to. Agree with Jp the new nexus 10 coming out will be a beast of a tablet it will most likely beat if not be on par with the iPad 4 and the resolution is better as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iphonefizzle

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have to. Agree with Jp the new nexus 10 coming out will be a beast of a tablet it will most likely beat if not be on par with the iPad 4 and the resolution is better as well

It might be however running phone apps makes any android tablet look smooth it needs real apps for tablets to get a true experience specks are not everything that's hype that android fan boys draw up because those device need all that power and for what to run blow up phone apps I will take the iPad or iPad mini any day until google fixes that and gets real tablet apps.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Well I'm not going off that I'm going off the fact that is will be utilizing a Exynos 5 proc

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

1. The A6X processor

2. Welcome to Lightning

3. iOS 6 is tops

10. Bet on the quality

These are all compelling reasons to indeed upgrade to the 4th generation iPad. No doubt about it, however, until my iPad 2 is rendered useless, either mechanically or by *my* opinion, I am not buying another tablet, at least not for myself....:)

geekpeter

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
No Android tablet outperforms the iPad. Microsoft has a better chance at selling tablets then Android.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

when you say outperform, you have some form of app or ability in mind? you can have all the horsepower you want but unless something uses it then is it really worth it?

agentmobile

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
Hahahaha android tablets SUCK I know I've owned them. Go back to android central with that crap. Nexus 10? 300 PPI still couldn't get the display a better rating than the retina display. Displaymate said themselves that although the nexus 10 has 300ppi it lacks in color saturation and contrast compared to iPad with retina display. And even if they exceed in benchmark tests, doesn't mean jack s*** because we have custom chips MADE for iOS in our mobile devices and they are always gonna be better than some generic Tegra chip they put in all other devices. Tablets were created by apple and they continue to lead the way. Same with the iPhone. iPad is an amazing device and I can't wait to get my Retina 32GB iPad

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Oh brother here we go.

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had bad experiences with Android tablets. I went from Advent Vega to iPad to Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 to Nexus 7 to iPad Mini. Coming back to iPad is like a breath of fresh air. It's weird, every Android tablet I had was way way better than iPad on paper, and yet disappointing in practice. The Nexus 7 has a 4 core CPU, almost overkill with the specs, so why did nearly all the games I downloaded for it chug along at terrible framerates, then the same games run perfectly and look better on my new iPad mini which uses dated specs?

I also had this problem where Android tablets and phones use the same App Store so most apps were phone apps that got badly stretched out to tablets screens, even Facebook and eBay.

It just seems like all the specs mean nothing compared to optimisation and software, which is why I'm sadly sceptical about the Nexus 10 despite it's insane specs. :-/

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Lynx

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
iPad 4 vs iPad 3, which one is better? I just want to know.

Well obviously if you have neither and they were at the same price point get the iPad 4.

I own an iPad 2 and an iPad 3. The only reason I upgraded to the iPad 3 was for the Retina display nothing more. I will not be getting an iPad 4 and I will more than likely skip the next version also unless its groundbreaking. I mean honestly what else could they put into a tablet that would make it a must have?

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Truthfully no other device currently on the market even the Nexus 10 can beat the iPad 4 spec wise. The GPU on the Nexus 10 works extremely well but the iPad 4 GPU is literally overboard. Only if Apple paid this much attention to their GPU on their Macs.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Truthfully no other device currently on the market even the Nexus 10 can beat the iPad 4 spec wise. The GPU on the Nexus 10 works extremely well but the iPad 4 GPU is literally overboard. Only if Apple paid this much attention to their GPU on their Macs.

It wouldn't matter if the Nexus 10 beat them in specs. You don't get ipad apps on a Nexus.

z06mike

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
What iPad apps are you talking about? I bought an iPad 3 because I was thinking there were so many apps out there that were really good, but in all honesty it is not the case. A lot of people on here talk about the junk in the Android play store but never talk about the junk in the app store. There are also A TON of junk apps in the app store.

Sent from my GeeEssThree

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I want to know about the iPad 4 is how the LTE is.... I know it hasn't come out yet but eventually I want to replace my iPad 2 WiFi with an LTE version. Although the bigger question is do I go ahead and invest in the 4 or await for the 5......

RoboWarrior

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
It wouldn't matter if the Nexus 10 beat them in specs. You don't get ipad apps on a Nexus.

Well your right but a lot if ignorant people will try to say android has better specs blah blah blah. On a Engadget post that the Samsung galaxy s III outsold the iPhone 4S Q3 he didn't realize that it was only for one quarter. Android fans are what iOS fans were a year ago. Droidcows. It's a shame really. And realize that I'm talking about ignorant people who know nothing and cause the flame wars to start.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711