4th generation name

mlg321

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the fourth generations name really iPad 4 or is it iPad with Retina Display? Nowhere on Apple or during the keynote did Apple mention its the iPad "4".

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is the fourth generations name really iPad 4 or is it iPad with Retina Display? Nowhere on Apple or during the keynote did Apple mention its the iPad "4".

Apple called it the "4th generation iPad" - iPad4 has become a colloquial term used to describe the "4th generation iPad".

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The "official" name (as noted by the product page in the Apple store) is iPad with Retina Display. As Keith has stated, it is also known, informally, by generation number. That's been true of many products like iPods and iPads. Similarly, Macs tend to be known officially by their product name (MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, etc), and "informally" identified by the release date (Early 2010; Mid 2012, etc).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Now here's my question my iPad 3 has a retina display so how is the iPad 4 "iPad with Retina Display" ? it's not like the iPad 3 doesn't have Retina. It was a very weird piece of marketing considering they went on and on about how great the Retina Display was on the new iPad(iPad 3).

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Now here's my question my iPad 3 has a retina display so how is the iPad 4 "iPad with Retina Display" ? it's not like the iPad 3 doesn't have Retina. It was a very weird piece of marketing considering they went on and on about how great the Retina Display was on the new iPad(iPad 3).

The iPad 3 never existed. It's a figment of Apple's imagination. :p

Sent from somewhere

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
It's just like the iPod Touch now, they just revise it now and again, the previous versions still well worth owning. I like it because when you kill off the number in the name there's less pressure to upgrade.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods