A friend of mine forgot their iPad passcode and they have photos on it that they want to get off. It has not been synced to a computer so the photos are not on their computer.

Question: How can they get the photo's off of their iPad when they cannot remember the passcode?

Any advice is helpful.
    05-14-2015 04:39 PM
  2. HankAZ said: Best Answer

A friend of mine forgot their iPad passcode and they have photos on it that they want to get off. It has not been synced to a computer so the photos are not on their computer.

Question: How can they get the photo's off of their iPad when they cannot remember the passcode?

Any advice is helpful.
    In short, you don't. If you"r friend" "forgot" the passcode, and the device is not backed up anywhere, the content is as good as gone.
    05-14-2015 04:41 PM

Any advice is helpful.
    In short, you don't. If you"r friend" "forgot" the passcode, and the device is not backed up anywhere, the content is as good as gone.
    Antron likes this.
    05-14-2015 04:43 PM
    Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    05-14-2015 06:35 PM
    Sure he did. Very lame attempt to get help gaining access to a stolen iPad. Your "friend" is out of luck.
    05-14-2015 07:31 PM
    Sure he did. Very lame attempt to get help gaining access to a stolen iPad. Your "friend" is out of luck.
    Very amusing for you to think the iPad is stolen.

05-17-2015 09:50 AM
    Very amusing for you to think the iPad is stolen.

You have to admit, the premise sounds fishy. The "my friend" schtick seems a bit contrived. We've seen a lot of attempts to pass stuff like this off, so forgive us for being a bit suspicious.
    05-17-2015 11:55 AM
    You have to admit, the premise sounds fishy. The "my friend" schtick seems a bit contrived. We've seen a lot of attempts to pass stuff like this off, so forgive us for being a bit suspicious.
    No problem. I can understand that.

05-17-2015 02:23 PM
    No problem. I can understand that.

It's a 4 digit code. I think that's about 10,000 tries. Unless it's set up to wipe after 10 tries. It's not by default set up that way.
    05-17-2015 03:15 PM
    Since they didn't have the iPad synced to a computer nor did they have the photos in iCloud all they can do is restore it (erase everything) and be better prepared next time.

05-17-2015 04:24 PM
    Since they didn't have the iPad synced to a computer nor did they have the photos in iCloud all they can do is restore it (erase everything) and be better prepared next time.

They never did an iCloud back up? Not talking about iCloud Photo Library.
    05-17-2015 06:22 PM
    Don't believe so.

05-18-2015 12:35 AM
    Don't believe so.

They usually back up by default when the device is plugged in and locked on wifi. My phones always have.
    Last edited by Ledsteplin; 05-18-2015 at 06:59 PM.
    05-18-2015 03:35 PM
    Well, my friend brought the iPad to me so I could take a look at it and not only is it locked, it's disabled. From what I have searched online the only option is to restore it. Her daughter set a passcode and forgot what it was and after numerous attempts to try to figure it out, the iPad is now disabled. Bummer.
    05-19-2015 09:53 AM
    Well, my friend brought the iPad to me so I could take a look at it and not only is it locked, it's disabled. From what I have searched online the only option is to restore it. Her daughter set a passcode and forgot what it was and after numerous attempts to try to figure it out, the iPad is now disabled. Bummer.
    The End.
    05-19-2015 11:02 AM
    If there was a back up before it was locked, the photos may still be there in the back up. After restoring, set up from iCloud back up.
    Antron likes this.
    05-19-2015 11:04 AM
    If there was a back up before it was locked, the photos may still be there in the back up. After restoring, set up from iCloud back up.
    Will do.

05-19-2015 11:13 AM