When the iPad 3 came out I decided to go ahead and get it because I was in school and I didn't want to take my MacBook Pro with me to class everyday. The LTE model was perfect and at the time you could only choose between Verizon and AT&T (maybe Sprint too). After quick research we found out that the Verizon iPad was global and it would work on AT&T LTE as well as Verizon. I needed to be sure I could be free with my iPad in the long run, be it with Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile upgraded their 3G/HSPA+ network earlier last year so I was able to start using T-Mobile since that is my phone carrier, instead of Verizon with their expensive, yet small data plan sizes. I was only receiving 3G (icon showing 3G) speeds, but now that I've upgraded to 7.0.4 a surprisingly new icon popped up, and that was 4G. I'm glad to see that on my iPad now. I never thought I'd see that upgrade.

Felt like sharing a story and at the same time letting you all know that Verizon's iPad 3 will work on T-Mobile's 4G network. I don't see an option for LTE and I'm not sure the bands actually support T-Mobile's LTE but I used the same APN that is used in my iPhone 5s, which is:

Verizon 4G/LTE Model on T-Mobile-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1390013492.386960.jpg

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA using iMore Forums mobile app
    01-17-2014 09:51 PM
    When the iPad 3 came out I decided to go ahead and get it because I was in school and I didn't want to take my MacBook Pro with me to class everyday. The LTE model was perfect and at the time you could only choose between Verizon and AT&T (maybe Sprint too). After quick research we found out that the Verizon iPad was global and it would work on AT&T LTE as well as Verizon. I needed to be sure I could be free with my iPad in the long run, be it with Verizon or AT&T. T-Mobile upgraded their 3G/HSPA+ network earlier last year so I was able to start using T-Mobile since that is my phone carrier, instead of Verizon with their expensive, yet small data plan sizes. I was only receiving 3G (icon showing 3G) speeds, but now that I've upgraded to 7.0.4 a surprisingly new icon popped up, and that was 4G. I'm glad to see that on my iPad now. I never thought I'd see that upgrade.

Felt like sharing a story and at the same time letting you all know that Verizon's iPad 3 will work on T-Mobile's 4G network. I don't see an option for LTE and I'm not sure the bands actually support T-Mobile's LTE but I used the same APN that is used in my iPhone 5s, which is:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390013492.386960.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	84.7 KB 
ID:	46245

Sent from my iPad on TMoUSA using iMore Forums mobile app
    If it was lte it would say lte ... I have my verizon ipad air on tmobile right now it ways lte ... What speeds you getting I know att a while back changed the icon as well. I hope you got more than a Icon with the upgrade
    01-17-2014 10:23 PM
    I checked the speed test on my iPad and iPhone 5s and they were both giving me around the same speeds on 4G.
    01-17-2014 11:05 PM
    I checked the speed test on my iPad and iPhone 5s and they were both giving me around the same speeds on 4G.
    4G is what the carriers consider it but it's just the faster HSPA+. LTE is true 4G.
    01-18-2014 12:05 AM
    If it was lte it would say lte ... I have my verizon ipad air on tmobile right now it ways lte ... What speeds you getting I know att a while back changed the icon as well. I hope you got more than a Icon with the upgrade
    The OP said he is using a Verizon iPad 3 on T-Mobile, as far as I know, the iPad 3 came in different models with different radios, whereas the iPad Air and rMini are all in one ("universal") radios.

I just got a T-Mobile sim for my Verizon iPad 3 and am also only getting 4G (HSPA) not LTE, but it fast enough for email/iMessage connectivity and its FREE!
    EmceeGeek likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:33 PM