Purchased audiobook on iPad. How to get it on to my iPhone

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Via iBooks? If so download iBooks on your iPhone, tap store in the top right corner, then purchased in the bottom right corner. You should see it in there. Then tap to download. :)

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

MikeLindstrom

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
First sync your iPad with iTunes on your computer. That will transfer/copy the audiobook into iTunes. Then connect your iPhone to the computer to sync with iTunes. Before you perform the sync, click on Audiobooks in the left column in iTunes and check the box to synch all (or select) audiobooks to your iPhone. Then complete the sync process and your audiobook should appear on your iPhone in the Music app under "More" then "Audiobooks".

dr_klug

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Isn't there a way to download an audiobook you purchased on one Apple Device onto another. I can't believe I would have to rely on iTunes to transfer an audiobook. I just purchased my first audiobook from the iTunes Store while on my iPad. From iTunes Store on my iPad it still shows a price, rather than showing "open" like other apps would. When I click on the price I am asked if I want to buy it. If I say "Yes" I am told I already bought the item. I do however see the audiobook on my iPad from the Music app. If I go to my iPhone everything stated above is the same, except I do NOT see the audiobook on my iPhone and can't seem to get it downloaded to it. I also looked for the audiobook in iTunes on my Mac. It is not there either. If I search the iTunes Store I again see the item with a price and if I select to buy it I get a message that says "You already bought this item, do you want to buy it again?". I am getting extremely frustrated with this. Apple has done so many remarkable things and continues to improve the user experience and allow me to move from one device to another and always have my data. What happened with Audiobooks? To hear I need to use iTunes on a PC or Mac to move something from one device to another feels like the dark ages. Am I missing something or is something broken with Apple or with my setup?

Also, for what it's worth, I do have iTunes Match turned on as well.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2