I just purchased an iPad 3 4g model and a dock that is compatible with the iPad. The problem is that the connection is a bit hard to sit my iPad on and in trying to match up the dock and iPad, I have put two small scratches right around the 30-pin plug in on the bottom of my iPad and I'm not happy about it. Does Apple make a cable that goes onto the dock plug and runs to the bottom of the iPad? At this point I just want to plug them up to charge or listen to music WITHOUT actually sitting the iPad onto the dock.

Thanks!
    03-27-2013 12:17 PM
    Apparently I have stumped the forum.
    03-28-2013 08:34 PM
    I'm not sure I understand your post. You bought an iPad and what you believe to be a compatible **** for it. Right? I have a dock for my iPad that I purchased from Apple and my iPad sits on the dock perfectly. As for the your question -- "Does Apple make a cable that goes from the dock plug and runs to the bottom of the iPad?" -- Yes, the cable that comes with a new iPad will do just that. Now having said that, you also stated -- "At this point, I just want to plug them up to charge or listen to music without actually sitting the iPad onto the dock" -- Can you not just lay the iPad flat on a surface next to you and charge it with the charging cable it comes with that is plugged either into a wall socket or a computer? If I've completely misunderstood your post, I apologize.
    03-28-2013 08:43 PM
    If I am understanding you correctly, this is not an iHome dock. Can you post a picture of this dock that you have purchased, and/or a name and model?
    04-01-2013 09:37 AM