Hey friends,

Quick question, my coworker has an ipad and wanted to know if there was a way to passcode lock or secure his email. He has family that visits and he allows them to play on his ipad, but he doesn't want them having access to his emails.

Is this possible? Maybe an app or something. (He has an AOL account)

I couldn't think of anything other than passcode locking his ipad altogether. I searched the threads and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for the help.
    03-24-2013 03:41 PM
    You're right. There isn't any way natively to prevent access to the email with the exception of not allowing access to the device itself. Even in the restrictions settings, the most that can be done is to not allow any changes in the form of adding, removing or modifying the accounts.
    soogriff likes this.
    03-24-2013 05:04 PM
    Hey friends,

Quick question, my coworker has an ipad and wanted to know if there was a way to passcode lock or secure his email. He has family that visits and he allows them to play on his ipad, but he doesn't want them having access to his emails.

Is this possible? Maybe an app or something. (He has an AOL account)

I couldn't think of anything other than passcode locking his ipad altogether. I searched the threads and couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for the help.
    The only way that I know you could do this is to jailbreak it, there are several tweaks you can install to passcode any app or if you just want to passcode mail I recommend you get MailEnhancer Pro.

***Team Jailbreak, sent using TapaTalk
    iPhone 5, iPad 2, Apple TV 3, Macbook Air
    Tweet @LondonComp ***
    Just_Me_D and soogriff like this.
    03-24-2013 07:20 PM
    Thanks for the replies. I will let him know.
    03-25-2013 05:24 PM
    You are right. There is no way to prevent the native e-mail access, except for not allowing access to the device.
    04-08-2013 05:28 AM
    In the settings for mail, contacts, etc. you can toggle the switch off. So before handing it over, toggle it off. It isn't locked, but family would have to actively go in to settings and toggle it back on to get in. He could delete that email account from the phone if he didn't trust them not to do that, but at that point of mistrust, best to not answer the door when they knock.Is it possible to lock email acces?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1365542753.697521.jpg
    04-09-2013 05:25 PM
    Unless of course its different for iPads than it is for iPhone. Toggle off or delete and when they open the mail app it'll ask to be set up as seen in the screen below. upIs it possible to lock email acces?-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1365543009.155719.jpg
    04-09-2013 05:30 PM