64gb and icloud confusion

Cassie Combes

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 64gb ipad thinking I would have a ton of room for everything. Yesterday I played all my Bloggie footage on the tv and filmed it using the ipad as Bloggie isn't compatible. THen the ipad told me I had insufficient room to back this footage up and that I could purchase extra icloud storage. What is the difference between having 64gb of storage capability and icloud. Also when I go to my settings it say sthat I have a capacity of 57.2 gb is that because I already have apps on the ipad. Would it have read 64gb if I had none on there?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
64gb is what u have for hd space on ur iPad. iCloud is a free cloud based storage. They give u 5gb free anything above that there is a charge for. If ur down to 57gb, it's because u have apps and used storage space already. And welcome to iMore. 😁

NPBeck79

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Even though the first reply is correct, let me add that your 64 GB iPad will not have 64 GB of available storage even if you did not have any apps. The iOS takes some of the storage, so, for example, in my 32GB iPad 3 available storage right out of the box is 28GB. So I am guessing that you should have around 60GB available even if you delete your apps or restore your iPad to factory settings. As for iCloud, the reply above is how things are.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes the operating system takes up about 6gb so right off the bat so subtract that from the original storage capacity.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner