iPad 3 - iTunes not detecting and not charging

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a Jailbroken iPad 3, and I ran into some problems with it.

Currently, iTunes is unable to detect it, and it is not charging when it's in Springboard. By that, I mean the iPad charges when its in the low-battery state (not sure what it's called) when the battery icon is red and takes up the whole screen. However, once it's finished charging with that 1%, it goes into Springboard, and refuses to charge. I'm currently using the cable that came with the iPad. I've tried switching cables, I've tried using an iPhone cable (which I know won't work, but was worth a shot), I've tried plugging it into my PC, nothing's working.

So then, I tried to do a restore through iTunes, but found that iTunes was unable to detect my iPad. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes, I've rebooted my PC, and it's not working still.

Anyone have any suggestions on how I could proceed? I can take it into an Apple Store, but the problem is that it's Jailbroken, and I'm unable to "un-jailbreak" it.

Thanks in advance!

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to charge it from a windows pc most of those don't have enough power going to their USB ports to charge an iPad. It may be able to trickle charge if their are no apps running and the screen is off.

Using the cable from an iPhone is fine. It is the same cable as the iPad. Your best bet is to charge it with the charger it came with.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I am trying to charge it with the cable and adapter that came with the iPad. However, I don't get the lightning bolt thing on the battery icon on the top right corner, which shows that it's not charging, not even from the wall outlet with my original cable and adpter.

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried just leaving it off and plugged in for a while to see if it will charge?

Is it under warranty? If its a hardware issue, then the jailbreak shouldn't matter although that may depend on which "genius" you get.

Thanks for the advice, I think I'll give that a shot.

And yep, it's under warranty, but if charged enough, you can still access the Springboard, so they can see that it's jailbroken :[

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
If you have a Windows PC and iTunes doesn't see it:

Hit the Windows button
Type in services
Restart the Apple Mobile Device services
Close and reopen iTunes

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Windows PC and iTunes doesn't see it:

Hit the Windows button
Type in services
Restart the Apple Mobile Device services
Close and reopen iTunes

Hello,

I tried that, and unfortunately, it did not work. iTunes still can't find the iPad.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I tried that, and unfortunately, it did not work. iTunes still can't find the iPad.

Oh ok, that usually fixed my problem when I was jail broken. I think there may be another service you can try, but I can't think of it at the moment. When I get back to my computer, I'll see if I can find it and ill post it.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Oh ok, that usually fixed my problem when I was jail broken. I think there may be another service you can try, but I can't think of it at the moment. When I get back to my computer, I'll see if I can find it and ill post it.

Edit: I think the other is iPod Service. I hope you get your problem solved.

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried just leaving it off and plugged in for a while to see if it will charge?

Is it under warranty? If its a hardware issue, then the jailbreak shouldn't matter although that may depend on which "genius" you get.

It doesn't charge when it's turned off. However, I changed to a different outlet, and it says "Not Charging" at the top. It's slowly gaining power that way.

Edit: I think the other is iPod Service. I hope you get your problem solved.

Will try this in a sec!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Turn it off then hold home button while attaching to pc it should put iPad in recovery mode iTunes should promp and say its in recovery and make your restore

Soulrez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Turn it off then hold home button while attaching to pc it should put iPad in recovery mode iTunes should promp and say its in recovery and make your restore

Hi, I tried that, but couldn't get it to work.

Seems like I have a hardware issue, since my iPad isn't being recognized by a computer either.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I would go to settings and press erase all data .. It will prob lock up but atleast them apple won't see the jb either :)

l_kelso

Aug 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you ever resolve this issue? My ipad has started doing this out of the blue (exactly 1 month after the warranty expired of course).

lancilot

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi to everibody Anybody solve this ?
I've the same but with IPAD2 Not Jail . I've already follow all suggestion and step from Aple, changed cable, tried different PC&MAC still impossible to get it detected. Charging with wall charger is very slow (100% in more than 24hr) and charging icon do not show the charge spark.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi to everibody Anybody solve this ?
I've the same but with IPAD2 Not Jail . I've already follow all suggestion and step from Aple, changed cable, tried different PC&MAC still impossible to get it detected. Charging with wall charger is very slow (100% in more than 24hr) and charging icon do not show the charge spark.

You might want to make a Genius Bar appointment with the closest Apple Store and have them check it out. Your battery could be malfunctioning or the charging port could be malfunctioning.

richguy14u

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
I have the same issue with my iPad 2 (JB of course)

I visited Genius bar and couldn't found any solution for them...they offered me $299 solution to change my iPad

What I could figure out is that it's stupid charging head of iPad which needs to be replaced. Cost $10 bucks on ebay but so far haven't got time to do that.

I don't even miss my iPad. It was a wasted purchase. It just keeps kids glued to stupid games and videos so it's not even worth to keep in the house.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal