Question Regrading Syncing

bricklax6

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I recently added some new music and movies to my iTunes library. I had no difficulty adding them to my iPhone 4s. When I added them to my ipad 3, the new music and movies appear to be in my ipad when looking in iTunes, but are shaded gray and are not actually on my ipad when I disconnect from my computer. When I try to sync it again, it says there is nothing new to add to the ipad, but the data is not there. I'm sure Ive done something stupid to warrant this dumb problem, but some advice would be great! Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently added some new music and movies to my iTunes library. I had no difficulty adding them to my iPhone 4s. When I added them to my ipad 3, the new music and movies appear to be in my ipad when looking in iTunes, but are shaded gray and are not actually on my ipad when I disconnect from my computer. When I try to sync it again, it says there is nothing new to add to the ipad, but the data is not there. I'm sure Ive done something stupid to warrant this dumb problem, but some advice would be great! Thanks.

Where are they "shaded gray"? On your computer (iTunes) or on the iPad itself? If it's on iTunes, make sure the check boxes are checked for Sync Movies and either All Movies or Selected Movies...

iTunes is the source of much frustration...

bricklax6

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The shaded songs/videos are on the devices section of iTunes listed under the iPad. The device has nothing on it, but it says it has said songs/videos on my iPad by looking at the list through iTunes.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried that and it didn't work. My computer seems to recognize that the iPad has the new data on it, but the device has nothing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2