iPad 3?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
So with today's announcement... Does that mean I can't buy an iPad 3 anymore?
Does that mean that if I bought an iPad 3 yesterday now is an iPad that doesn't exist anymore? But I can still buy an iPad 2?
I'm not complaining. It just doesn't make sense. Just trying to understand how apple is doing their business lately.
I understand iPad 3 still a great product and still useable. But to kill it after 6 months and still offer iPad 2 just doesn't make sense.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. The New iPad will still be available for purchase.
Does that mean that if I bought an iPad 3 yesterday now is an iPad that doesn't exist anymore? But I can still buy an iPad 2?
No. As I stated above, that particular iPad will still be available for purchase at least until stocks are depleted.
I'm not complaining. It just doesn't make sense. Just trying to understand how apple is doing their business lately.
I understand iPad 3 still a great product and still useable. But to kill it after 6 months and still offer iPad 2 just doesn't make sense.
There are a number of people who are upset at today's announcement of the 4th generation iPad, but it doesn't mean that the current iPad is unusable or no longer relevant. It has merely been replaced as the newest iPad sooner than generally expected.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

The 2nd gen iPad is still available as the low-res version ... it's still the 1024x768 res version, at a $100 discount over the latest retina version.

I fully expect the 3rd gen iPad to totally disappear once the current supply is gone. As the retina version, it's being replaced by the 4th gen.

And I have read somewhere today that if you bought a 3rd gen iPad within the past 30 days, Apple will exchange it for the 4th generation device.

Tre

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
The 3rd gen iPad is not in the online apple store anymore. Not sure what Apple plans on doing with the remaining iPad 3 stock... maybe sell them to schools at a discount?

- - - Updated - - -

The 3rd gen iPad is not in the online apple store anymore. Not sure what Apple plans on doing with the remaining iPad 3 stock... maybe sell them to schools at a discount?

Audizine

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3 still on sale at the stores. But not online anymore. I guess the stores will have them until they run out of stock. But I don't know for how much they will sell them at the stores.
You can still get refurbished iPad 3 online.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner