Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

venumuthyala

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
While I too am feeling a bit short changed with the new one coming out so soon after the 3rd Gen, I guess it is Apple's call finally on when to launch a new version and at what price point. Now let me confess that I am sorely tempted to invest in an iPad mini, but then again I feel that the moment I buy it, they will launch an iPad mini's new version with the iPad 3/4's resolution and a few other improvements which will possibly make me regret my decision to buy one now! So better to be happy with what I have and wait it out till next year I guess!! Cheers.....

jessedholm

Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I am wondering how many people burned by apple this time Round will seriously start skipping upgrades due to the fear of it happening again. This whole thing might really backfire for them.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I am wondering how many people burned by apple this time Round will seriously start skipping upgrades due to the fear of it happening again. This whole thing might really backfire for them.

I for one will definitely be a bit more cautious. At least until we can see some sort of a pattern emerge in the future.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

I suppose it depends on WHY you buy. Do you buy because Apple releases it (whatever it happens to be), or do you buy because you need (or have a need for) it? That will go a long way towards answering your question. And no matter what you do, you will never have the newest product for long... there will always be a new one coming down the pike.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I suppose it depends on WHY you buy. Do you buy because Apple releases it (whatever it happens to be), or do you buy because you need (or have a need for) it? That will go a long way towards answering your question. And no matter what you do, you will never have the newest product for long... there will always be a new one coming down the pike.

Good point and that seems to be the standard nowdays, buy whatever Apple makes regardless what it is or if you even need it ..

Skele

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

All these options only for buyers in the US. People like us (i brought it on 13th of this month), it's stuck on our head. If I had any chance to know a new product was to come, I would have waited the extra 10 days for the new one. Now I ended up with one which will not support 4G in this country.

Maybe in USA this product is cheaper with contracts etc, but for us living here we pay through our nose. $1000 isn't something you are going to throw away because new product has come. Anyway this was my first iPad. So may after a couple of years I'll upgrade.

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.

Are you saying that if Apple has new technology for updating an iPad, they shouldn't update unless the latest iPad has been out for a year? That's silly. And yes, you are a crybaby. Your iPad works just as well today as it did before Apple released a newer version. I bought a new iPad the day the 3rd gen was released. You're silly for even wanting to upgrade to this new version. Sure, it's great, but so is the iPad you already own. Wait for a reason to upgrade other than the childish envy of there being something newer. If you're smart, like me, you'll enjoy what you have and you'll wait. When you upgrade in 2013 or maybe even 2014, you'll end up with a really light and really powerful upgrade. In the meantime, your iPad still kicks butt.

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
I will express my discontent with actions as well as crying.
I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.
Well bye.... Android Cental is the place you ought to be. Enjoy yourself over there.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, cause there are never any new android devices ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2oh1

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
What difference did it make that it was updated after 7 months instead of 12? I'm going to guess that you're really young. In time, you'll come to realize what really matters is what your gear can do, not how current the model is. That iPad 3 you just "sold" (yeah, right) would have easily lasted you years.

It's foolish to replace your gear every time a new model comes out. Hold out for the bigger updates and your dollar goes so much further. I owned an iPhone 4. I skipped the 4S and waited for the iPhone 5 before upgrading. I own an iPad 3. I'm skipping this new model and possibly the next. I'm waiting for a major hardware update.

Whatever you do, don't drop that cheap Samsung stuff you just got. You traded metal for plastic. You traded a machine for a toy.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site

You Really Didn't Have to say Good Bye....Kick Rocks.... Oh and thanks for the Message you sent me...

General Tso

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am in no way saying Google or Samsung is better. Just different. I was mad and I will express my discontent with my wallet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73