Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There have been numerous issues with the iPad 3 and yes it is still the same incapacitated device I woke up with on Monday . A lemon is a lemon

Give objective, reputable benchmark analysis. Back up your opinion with fact. You got nothing but your own opinion - speaking of lemons...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There have been numerous issues with the iPad 3 and yes it is still the same incapacitated device I woke up with on Monday . A lemon is a lemon

How much did you spend on this "lemon"? And where your complaints prior to Tuesday's announcement?

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
How much did you spend on this "lemon"? And where your complaints prior to Tuesday's announcement?

Apple had only two ways to change the iPad's release cycle,
1) not to release an iPad until October 2013, pretty sure people would be outraged, how dare Apple goes a year and seven months without a new product... my iPad is so old!!!
2) Apple releases a 4th generation iPad now and the 5th on Oct 2013, and here we go, how dare Apple releases something only 7 months later... my iPad is so new... SIGH !!!

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that the ipad 3 is now a dead end product. It's not even being sold anymore.

For example... when I got an iphone 4, the 3GS was still sold as the next price level model, when I got the 4S, same thing happened to the 4, and with my iphone 5, same went for the 4S... when I got the ipad 3, the ipad 2 then became the value model... which when the ipad 2 hit the market, the original ipad was sold along side at a cheaper price...

now comes the ipad 4... ipad 3 becomes the value mod... no wait... that's still the ipad 2...

basically the ipad 3 will lose more value...

I don't buy apple products as investments, but I do rely on the desirability of them (ie. resale potential) so I can upgrade to the next new product and sell the old one... buyers in the used market may view the ipad 3 as if it had something wrong, since it's not longer carried at all by apple, just after 7 months on the market...

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that the ipad 3 is now a dead end product. It's not even being sold anymore.

For example... when I got an iphone 4, the 3GS was still sold as the next price level model, when I got the 4S, same thing happened to the 4, and with my iphone 5, same went for the 4S... when I got the ipad 3, the ipad 2 then became the value model... which when the ipad 2 hit the market, the original ipad was sold along side at a cheaper price...

now comes the ipad 4... ipad 3 becomes the value mod... no wait... that's still the ipad 2...

basically the ipad 3 will lose more value...

I don't buy apple products as investments, but I do rely on the desirability of them (ie. resale potential) so I can upgrade to the next new product and sell the old one... buyers in the used market may view the ipad 3 as if it had something wrong, since it's not longer carried at all by apple, just after 7 months on the market...

Dead end? Not remotely. In case I missed something, when did apple make it so you couldn't get new apps or software upgrades? They haven't? Well then you have no point.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not a question of inflated ego's or status .It's a matter of having a properly functioning device. The A5X processor can not meet the demands placed upon it by the Retina display. Apple released a product that was not ready for the market. The iPad 4 with the A6X processor is what the iPad 3 should have been all along.

Ok, I am not happy about them releasing the 4 so soon after the 3 either, but what you are saying is just dumb. First of all it's completely untrue. The processor does just fine. Secondly if that's your opinion or experience (and I don't believe you) then you should have returned it right after you bought it and if you didn't then either you are lying or dumb.

anthonyl

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I guess my feeling is that Apple had to do something. If they waited until now to release the newest IPad, there would have been a year and a half between upgrades. That would have upset consumers and hurt the bottom line. If they didn't release a refreshed IPad now, then all of their competition would have new tablets and Apple would still be selling an 'old' one. They are first and foremost a business. And in terms of business they made the right decision for the company. I have the Ipad 3 and I love it. The new Ipad seems nice, but there isn't enough there to even consider an change, nor do I consider my device as 'less'. I felt that way when I didn't upgrade from the Ipad 2 and I had the first one and I feel this way now. I'm sure there will be major changes when the Ipad5 comes out and it might be enough to make a change. I guess I don't understand how the IPad 3 is consider a broken, damaged, or a lemon. That would mean the device doesn't do what it's supposed to and that's not the case with the IPad 3. I'm not sure what issues there have been with the IPad 3. I guess I didn't have any of them.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I guess my feeling is that Apple had to do something. If they waited until now to release the newest IPad, there would have been a year and a half between upgrades. That would have upset consumers and hurt the bottom line. If they didn't release a refreshed IPad now, then all of their competition would have new tablets and Apple would still be selling an 'old' one. They are first and foremost a business. And in terms of business they made the right decision for the company. I have the Ipad 3 and I love it. The new Ipad seems nice, but there isn't enough there to even consider an change, nor do I consider my device as 'less'. I felt that way when I didn't upgrade from the Ipad 2 and I had the first one and I feel this way now. I'm sure there will be major changes when the Ipad5 comes out and it might be enough to make a change. I guess I don't understand how the IPad 3 is consider a broken, damaged, or a lemon. That would mean the device doesn't do what it's supposed to and that's not the case with the IPad 3. I'm not sure what issues there have been with the IPad 3. I guess I didn't have any of them.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic, Anthony. You are correct - there are no issues with the 3rd gen "new" iPad... just somebody with their knickers in a knot because his iPad is no longer "top dog" within the Apple ecosystem. Neither myself nor anyone that I know with a 3rd gen iPad had the issues this guy claims he had... yet he kept it and kept his mouth shut about it until Tuesday... now, suddenly, it's a lemon, it's the worst product Apple ever made, blah, blah, blah.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Show me one reputable performance analysis testing site that backs your conclusions with actual testing and other benchmark references. Or stop posting our opinion as fact.

My iPad3 functions properly. There is nothing wrong with its display performance.

Here's a few benchmark tests for the iPad 3. I think they are just fine and don't support what 2001 said above. That said, the iPad 3 is absolutely fine in the performance department. I am selling mine, however, it's not because there are any problems with it. IMHO, the iPad 3 is every bit as good as the day it was released. I can understand how people could be upset with Apple for releasing a new iPad after 7 months of the iPad 3. However, those people just need to get over it and move on. Either sell their current iPad 3 and upgrade to the next or vote with their wallets and keep the iPad 3 until the 5'th generation comes out. Simple, right?

Apple iPad 3 benchmark tests

Apple iPad 3 benchmark tests - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

there are no issues with the 3rd gen "new" iPad... just somebody with their knickers in a knot because his iPad is no longer "top dog" within the Apple ecosystem.

^ This!!

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Here's a few benchmark tests for the iPad 3. I think they are just fine and don't support what 2001 said above. That said, the iPad 3 is absolutely fine in the performance department. I am selling mine, however, it's not because there are any problems with it. IMHO, the iPad 3 is every bit as good as the day it was released. I can understand how people could be upset with Apple for releasing a new iPad after 7 months of the iPad 3. However, those people just need to get over it and move on. Either sell their current iPad 3 and upgrade to the next or vote with their wallets and keep the iPad 3 until the 5'th generation comes out. Simple, right?

- - - Updated - - -

^ This!!

Agreed. The only reason I would sell my 3 for a 4 is for the lightning connector. Since I got an iPhone 5 I'd be interested in having fewer cables. It doesn't mean the 3 is worthless though.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The only reason I would sell my 3 for a 4 is for the lightning connector. Since I got an iPhone 5 I'd be interested in having fewer cables. It doesn't mean the 3 is worthless though.
Yeah. I was planning on getting the iPad Mini with the money from the sale of my iPad 3, but now I'm thinking I might get the iPad 4 instead. I have the iPhone 5 and like you I think having all devices with the lightning connector will be nice.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

One can view those results two ways I guess... one is as you guys put it, and refuting the OPs claims that the 3 is slower than the 2... But one the flipside, the ipad 3 is really not any faster than the 2 - maybe a teeny advantage in super graphic intensive games, but all in all - on par. Which kinda brings me to my point - the ipad 3 was more a stop gap, to introduce the retina display, and also *not lose* any performance vs the 2... but clearly, performance wise (claims of 2x faster according to Schiller), the ipad 4 is really the true successor to the ipad 2 IMO...

I do wonder if the ipad 2 used in the tests shown, was the original, or the "revised" one with the 32nm A5 chip...

Hot94Z28

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Well some of the misinformation being talked about in this thread is it was always slow and a "lemon"? This is the first I have heard of this. I know CPU is faster than the iPad 2 but where it really was suppose to shine is high graphic games. And of corse having 1GB of ram will help.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

openthepodbaydoors

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It takes time to find these things out . No need to be hostile

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I am not happy about them releasing the 4 so soon after the 3 either, but what you are saying is just dumb. First of all it's completely untrue. The processor does just fine. Secondly if that's your opinion or experience (and I don't believe you) then you should have returned it right after you bought it and if you didn't then either you are lying or dumb.

It Takes time to figure these things out. No need to be hostile

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
When the newest model of an Apple product line is released, the item that was previously released in that line instantly becomes less desirable. Seems to be the mentality.

Even with 2 (or 3 if you count the mini) new iPads since I bought mine, it's still just as desirable as the day I bought it. I have really enjoyed having it and it does everything it did that first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner