Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The link someone posted makes a very good point. The iphone is Apple's most important product. If it's got Lightning, you better get your other products (besides ipad 2) on board with that asap.

Because of this very issue, I doubt Apple is going with 6 months releases now. That's too unApple and makes this kind of a rare event. They don't wait a year usually for customer's sakes, it's just favorable to spread out the cost for as long as they can. But IMO, if Apple thought they could wait til March, they would've. It would have been preferred probably. But obviously they had good reason to do the change now.

And moving to a holiday season release cycle was something that's been rumored since last year when they're were rumors of a fall 2011 ipad 3. If you remember, it got "delayed" til spring 2012. Perhaps in hindsight, that release that didn't happen really was intended. EDIT: here's that link http://forums.imore.com/ipad-3-forum/214970-ipad-3-october-updated-delayed.html

Based on that and the name change, I would guess Apple knew in March that they'd be refreshing the ipad again later this year. Or at least intended to.

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm very upset too! Just bought my new iPad two months ago and now Apple released iPad 4!!!

One more time... what does your 3rd gen iPad not do today that it did when you woke up on Tuesday morning? Everybody's p!$$ed off and wringing their hands and even threatening class-action lawsuits... why? You took your hard-earned money down to the store of your choice and gave it to a clerk who then gave you a product. That product was new and shiny and you were all happy with/about it... until Apple released a new version. Did you really thing that was never going to happen?

If the 3rd gen iPad works, runs the software that you want to run, plays the videos and music that you want to play, you have no argument. You got what you paid for and you still have exactly what you paid for.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
While some of you are po'd that the 4th gen iPad came out just months after the 3rd released...it doesn't phase me at all. I'm STILL happily using my 1st gen iPad:D

sunrat39

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
One more time... what does your 3rd gen iPad not do today that it did when you woke up on Tuesday morning? Everybody's p!$$ed off and wringing their hands and even threatening class-action lawsuits... why? You took your hard-earned money down to the store of your choice and gave it to a clerk who then gave you a product. That product was new and shiny and you were all happy with/about it... until Apple released a new version. Did you really thing that was never going to happen?

If the 3rd gen iPad works, runs the software that you want to run, plays the videos and music that you want to play, you have no argument. You got what you paid for and you still have exactly what you paid for.

Amen brother!

openthepodbaydoors

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not a question of latest and greatest or status. It's a matter of having a device that was not ready to be released and is now what it should be with the A6X processor

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize I was buying a device that was not ready to be released. Caveat emptor is what I expect from other companies but not Apple

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-10-25 at 12.57.18 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-10-25 at 12.57.18 PM.png
    27.4 KB · Views: 66

Camfella

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
I think the people who claim to not understand the anger and disappointment of ipad3 owners are being disingenuous. Do you not understand that there is a certain pride and satisfaction knowing that you own the "Top of The Line" product, the BEST in its class? They expected to be able to experience this for at least a year, so to be upset that it was cut short is perfectly normal and understandable.

Ih8reno

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I think everyone needs to calm down. I have a 3rg gen iPad and knew when I bought it that it would be replaced eventually. I will enjoy it until the software no longer can be updated and then replace.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I think the people who claim to not understand the anger and disappointment of ipad3 owners are being disingenuous. Do you not understand that there is a certain pride and satisfaction knowing that you own the "Top of The Line" product, the BEST in its class? They expected to be able to experience this for at least a year, so to be upset that it was cut short is perfectly normal and understandable.
First world problems...

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

So you think that I am disingenuous? Yeah, I am faking it. SMH. BTW, I don't "claim to not understand the anger", I really don't get it. It's a device made of silicon, metal and glass. No more, no less. It runs software that I purchased and selected to fit my needs. It's simply a tool and, at times, an entertainment device.

You are bent because I am happy that the device that I purchased still works as well as it did when I bought it? I bought my 3rd gen iPad to use - not as an investment or as a status symbol. It's a tool. Expecting it to be "top of the line" and "best in its class" are nice, but not long-lived in the tech world.

Last edited:

JSho101

Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I gotta be honest, I completely understand why iPad 3 owners are upset. I'd be really upset if I bought an iPad 3 a few months ago only to know that now I could have something better for the SAME exact price. For me it wouldn't be at all about not having the "best" on the market at the moment, but the fact that I could have gotten more for my money had I waited a few months. I think anyone who says they wouldn't be irritated by that isn't being honest with themselves.

That being said, I'm taking advantage of the announcement and I purchased a refurb iPad 3 for much cheaper, which I'm very happy about :)

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not a question of latest and greatest or status. It's a matter of having a device that was not ready to be released and is now what it should be with the A6X processor

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't realize I was buying a device that was not ready to be released. Caveat emptor is what I expect from other companies but not Apple

Stop making stuff up. The 3 was ready to be released or apple wouldn't have sold it. P

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
I gotta be honest, I completely understand why iPad 3 owners are upset. I'd be really upset if I bought an iPad 3 a few months ago only to know that now I could have something better for the SAME exact price. For me it wouldn't be at all about not having the "best" on the market at the moment, but the fact that I could have gotten more for my money had I waited a few months. I think anyone who says they wouldn't be irritated by that isn't being honest with themselves.

That being said, I'm taking advantage of the announcement and I purchased a refurb iPad 3 for much cheaper, which I'm very happy about :)

Except its not really better.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

It's not normal and it's not understandable. Anyone that's upset doesn't know how the electronics industry works.

Oh, and you basically just admitted that these people are upset because the device they have no longer inflates their egos. Serves them right if that's really why they bought it.

Camfella

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
It's not normal and it's not understandable. Anyone that's upset doesn't know how the electronics industry works.

As far as the iPad industry goes, it used to be yearly upgrades.

Oh, and you basically just admitted that these people are upset because the device they have no longer inflates their egos. Serves them right if that's really why they bought it.

We all do different things to feel good, some people get it from trying to win arguments( on message boards even!)

openthepodbaydoors

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not a question of inflated ego's or status .It's a matter of having a properly functioning device. The A5X processor can not meet the demands placed upon it by the Retina display. Apple released a product that was not ready for the market. The iPad 4 with the A6X processor is what the iPad 3 should have been all along.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a question of inflated ego's or status .It's a matter of having a properly functioning device. The A5X processor can not meet the demands placed upon it by the Retina display. Apple released a product that was not ready for the market. The iPad 4 with the A6X processor is what the iPad 3 should have been all along.

Show me one reputable performance analysis testing site that backs your conclusions with actual testing and other benchmark references. Or stop posting our opinion as fact.

My iPad3 functions properly. There is nothing wrong with its display performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73