Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.

- - - Updated - - -

I just got my ipad 3 last week. It doesn't bother me that a new one came out. It does everything I need it to do. I was already impressed with the speed, battery life, display and LTE on verizon. I'll upgrade when I feel this one no longer suits my needs. By then there will be a newer one.

You can return yours and get the new one since you just bought it (I would do that) but for those like me that have had theirs for awhile, it still works fine. I actually think they did it so all of their products can now be refreshed at the same time (Fall) every year. I suspect it will be a year before the next new iPads come out, not in March.

Nibbz

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
The only reason I'm upset is because I was planning on buying an iPad after, what I thought would be when a new one would launch, that being March-ish, after I got my tax refund. Now more likely than not, we will be halfway through the iPad 4 (henceforth referred to as 3S) lifecycle when I have the money to buy one. That leaves me with an unfortunate situation, wait another 6 months for the next gen iPad, or just buy the iPad 3S when I know a new one is coming.

Don't even suggest I buy an iPad mini, I'm not interested in a 2 generation old tablet with a smaller form factor. Although truthfully I love the Mini's form factor, perhaps even more than the MaxiPad, but I would prefer it had iPad 3, or even 4 specs with a 7.9 inch retina display.

More likely than not I will wait until the 5th generation iPad. I find myself more at ease when I am an early adopter as I know out of all the other i-Device buyers who wait a few months to buy, I will be the least screwed when Apple decides to update it.

Overall though this doesn't bother me. As I said, and I'm sure many others have said, it is really an iPad 3S, bringing the hardware up to speed with what is inside the iPhone 5. It also is a very smart move by Apple to bring all of their product update cycles to September and October, just in time for the holidays. This way those individuals getting iPads as gifts won't have them out of date within 3 months. To those who own iPad 3's, if you bought it within 30 days, just exchange it for the 4, I'm sure Apple will oblige. If you're out of that range, just don't worry about there being a new iPad and enjoy what you have. Take a look at your friends with Kindle Fires, Nexus 7's and Samsung Tabs, you still have a better tablet. It's still better than the mini, and the iPad 2 (which is still for sale). You're not getting screwed, you own an iPad don't you?

Clovertree

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
"The New iPad" was a funny name for a product.

It should have been called the iPad 3 from the beginning but they didn't do that since it was only getting a 6 month life cycle.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Where and when did Apple promise that if you purchase product that it will be "the latest and greatest" anything for any time period? Apple is a company that makes and sells tech devices. They can do what ever they want, and beyond some sort of warranty, they owe you nothing. As a customer you can choose to buy or not, but it's all about caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Sort of tired of the prevailing entitlement mentality.

You forgot that a lot of people pay the premium for the IPAD thinking that they have "the latest and greatest". In reality , they pay a premium for the privilege of buying apps from the vast app store. With IPAD4, the app store is still there.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You forgot that a lot of people pay the premium for the IPAD thinking that they have "the latest and greatest". In reality , they pay a premium for the privilege of buying apps from the vast app store. With IPAD4, the app store is still there.

I'm still looking for documentation of the promise from Apple that any device that they sell is guaranteed to be "latest and greatest" for a one year period after purchase or product launch.

If customers infer from the purchase transaction that Apple somehow owes them something beyond warranty support, that is an incorrect assumption, and, frankly, their problem. It is also the basis of caveat emptor.

That's pretty much how it works everywhere in the real world.

openthepodbaydoors

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the iPad 4 substantially better than the iPad 3 in terms of graphics and processing power? If so than this really is a reason to get upset because the Retina display was the iPad's 3 defining spec Now that the processor has been substantially improved to support the Retina display, I feel as though I have a device that lives up to less than it's full potential. I think it was dishonest of Apple to release an incapacitated device knowing a new more substantial one was on the way. I certainly won't buy Apple products on release anymore

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is the iPad 4 substantially better than the iPad 3 in terms of graphics and processing power? If so than this really is a reason to get upset because the Retina display was the iPad's 3 defining spec Now that the processor has been substantially improved to support the Retina display, I feel as though I have a device that lives up to less than it's full potential. I think it was dishonest of Apple to release an incapacitated device knowing a new more substantial one was on the way. I certainly won't buy Apple products on release anymore

First of all, the 3rd generation iPad is not under powered. Compared to the previous generation, it was faster and offered better graphics, But now you're upset because the 4th generation iPad is better than the 3rd gen? Really? The processor in the 3rd generation iPad was better and faster than the 2nd gen... and the 3rd gen device also had a quad-core graphics processor to drive the retina display.

If you really believe that, then you'll never buy another tech device again. There's always a "new more substantial" device "on the way". It is simply the evolution of technology.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
There is a simple way to get back at Apple for releasing the four so soon. Everyone who bought the iPad 3 just wait till like February when the iPad 3 stock is completely depleted then go to your Apple Store and complain about something not working. (Obviously something will need to not work, but there are many ways to assist with that) They are going to give you a warranty replacement and since they'll be all out of 3s they'll give you a 4. :) Justice!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
There is a simple way to get back at Apple for releasing the four so soon. Everyone who bought the iPad 3 just wait till like February when the iPad 3 stock is completely depleted then go to your Apple Store and complain about something not working. (Obviously something will need to not work, but there are many ways to assist with that) They are going to give you a warranty replacement and since they'll be all out of 3s they'll give you a 4. :) Justice!

Maybe you'll get a 2 gen iPad... :)

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site

talking about honesty ...

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
No, they'll still have plenty of replacements, and another iPad 3 is what you'll get.

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
How exactly is micro-usb inferior? I actually find that to be ridiculous on Apple products that they continue to go with propitiatory crap.

You need a different microusb for hdmi out, and the plug to allow USB 3.0 is completely different.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

I somewhat agree with you... Full disclosure I bought an iPad 3 and frankly would have held off with my iPad 2 (which went to my dad) had I known the 4th gen was literally a few months down the pipe...

Seems Apple could have easily held off on the iPad 3 and never release it, and just focus on the 4th gen... Would have made more sense. Would have given more life to the iPad 2, would have coupled the retina with the A6X and not a half baked stop gap like the iPad 3...

I usually don't complain about Apple's release cycles but this is one case where I feel duped by Apple...

heysteve

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
i just bought my new ipad a week ago so i guess im still in the clear to replace my new ipad for the 4th generation ipad. might as well opt up for the 32gb version this time since 16gb was a little on the light side. even though im happy ill still be able to swap for the newer model i see why people are irked by apple's decision to release this new version. too be honest though, i havent used facetime once so i could care less about the hd facetime camera, the lightning adapter is just going to limit the peripherals available for the time being, the processor while it is nice to always have more power..the new ipad hasn't ever lagged on me yet. really the only thing i care about is the dual-band wifi that's going to make wifi connections stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR