Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
We all should have seen this coming. Apple was running a promo for a $50 itunes credit if you purchased and ipad 3 by September 22, 2012
This keeps you out of the 30 day return window

It is disapointing that they introduce a new iOS 6 but the old processors can not seem to handle. I am wondering how long it would have taken Apple to decide to change the processor on the ipad, knowing that the old processor could not handle the new iOS6

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I must say I'm a little mad about the 4th gen iPad. Not because my 3rd is all of a sudden bad, it's not. I also don't care about the plug or the processor. What bites the most is the sudden and unexpected drop in the resale value of my 3rd. I hope that apple is not ditching their annual release cycle as that would suck considering their premium pricing. I hope they are just doing this to shift all their product refresh cycles to the fall, in time for the holidays.

iMassguy

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to try to order online again and if that doesn't work, I'll be doing another overnight at the Apple Store again. I might even get inline now! :)

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I must say I'm a little mad about the 4th gen iPad. Not because my 3rd is all of a sudden bad, it's not. I also don't care about the plug or the processor. What bites the most is the sudden and unexpected drop in the resale value of my 3rd. I hope that apple is not ditching their annual release cycle as that would suck considering their premium pricing. I hope they are just doing this to shift all their product refresh cycles to the fall, in time for the holidays.

This is exactly why I am upset. My 3rd gen is still great and I am happy with it. I only care about resell value, we pay a premium for higher quality and longer life spans but also get higher resell values in return. The exact opposite is true of Android, something new is coming out every week and your $500 tablet is worth $250 at best in 2 weeks.

This is just my opinion, Apple doesn't owe me anything, and I will still continue to purchase their products because they are hands down superior. But for people saying we are crybabies, put your money where your mouth is. If you care so little about what version you have, buy the new 64gb in black and send it to me. I will send you my mint 64gb 3rd gen. Even trade, c'mon, someone try to teach me a lesson!

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
CNET got put on Blast on SNL for Whining...... Wah... Wah...Wah.... I can't show of my new iPad cause it became old in 6months.... It works the same as it did this morning... Get over it.....

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I look at it this way- I got my 3 on release day and still love it. I can still use the same cables, docking stations etc and don't have to worry about getting adapters ( which apple can't keep up with) or cables. I'm good. I guess the new iPad cycle is gonna be fall now.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Worst case scenario let's say you bought the iPad 3 on Sep 22nd, it'll run ios6 which is the latest OS for about 11 months, I'm sure it'll work perfectly fine for 12 more months with ios7 ,that'll be around Sep 2014, the lifespan of this device is not suddenly going to decrease just because there's a new one out there, this is just a psycological issue, the innability of keeping up with technology and the belief that we absolutely have to own the latest.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I can assure you, I am not a troll. The mod can remove that link if they want. I was not aware that CNET wasn't liked here.

- - - Updated - - -

It's about value for your money. That's it. The value of the item just went to sh**.

CNET Was liked.... But it's not what it was....Molly Wood and Brain Tong are all that's left.... Everyone is gone!!!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
No, Apple didn't come into your house and smash your ipad 3. They simply lowered the stock price on it 6 months early. ROI took a hit as well.

Keep in mind that's not a complaint, that's just how tech is...even when you think it's somewhat predictable.

But let's move on. The Lightning connector needed to be done asap. Apple most likely had this in mind already, hence the name "ipad" and moving to refreshes.

As for doing this in response to MS and windows 8? RT is garbage. The reviews have confirmed what anyone with half a brain knew months ago. I'd rather use the original ipad than fool with that RT nonsense. And since windows RT is garbage, then why would anyone want it on their desktop via windows 8?

Anyone who's kept up knew an ipad refresh was coming. I waited until now to replace the ipad I sold a few months ago (wanting a verizon one instead). I'm tempted to get an ipad 3 refurb. The ipad mini looks interesting but I left the experience of using tablets with fuzzy text behind. An ipad mini is a step back. But the geek in me wants the faster processor as well as that was a minor concern when I had the ipad 3. I'll get an ipad 4.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
iPad 3 owners who aren't updating to iPad 4 may get the last laugh in March/April if they drop iPad 5 then. Lol that would be priceless. (And magical :)

cckgz4

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow I didn't know they even announced a 4th Generation iPad. My job just got the 3rd generation a couple of months ago. I personally don't see a big deal, but I can see why people are upset

producerjames

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
The iPad 4 is not really a major update at all. So it's a little faster......my current iPad 3 is fastest enough for now. The only reason they want to get a new iPad out is to phase out the old 30 point connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro