It Takes time to figure these things out. No need to be hostile
    Apparently it only takes 7 months and a new device release to figure it out, eh? No one is hostile... just pointing out the fact...
    kch50428 likes this.
    10-28-2012 01:23 PM
    When the newest model of an Apple product line is released, the item that was previously released in that line instantly becomes less desirable. Seems to be the mentality.
    Even with 2 (or 3 if you count the mini) new iPads since I bought mine, it's still just as desirable as the day I bought it. I have really enjoyed having it and it does everything it did that first day.
    Exxod likes this.
    10-28-2012 01:35 PM
    You need a different microusb for hdmi out, and the plug to allow USB 3.0 is completely different.
    And you dont need an adapter to go from 30 pin proprietary to HDMI?
    10-29-2012 02:28 PM
    And you dont need an adapter to go from 30 pin proprietary to HDMI?
    You do but that's my point. Microusb is no better, and is in many ways quite a bit worse.
    Fausty82 likes this.
    10-29-2012 02:58 PM
    No frustrated ( screen cap from " iPad 4 is just a glorified iPad3. Here's why.)
    Attached Thumbnails Very upset ipad 4-screen-shot-2012-10-29-7.38.05-pm.png  
    andsoitgoes likes this.
    10-29-2012 08:07 PM
    No frustrated ( screen cap from " iPad 4 is just a glorified iPad3. Here's why.)
    Two words: B. S.
    10-29-2012 08:16 PM
    What in gods name is that supposed to prove?
    10-29-2012 09:48 PM
    What in gods name is that supposed to prove?
    That he can post pictures... that means he has opposable thumbs, and therefore, is not a troll. #somethinglikethat
    kch50428 likes this.
    10-29-2012 10:05 PM
    That he can post pictures... that means he has opposable thumbs, and therefore, is not a troll. #somethinglikethat
    Lmaorof
    10-30-2012 12:37 AM
    While I too am feeling a bit short changed with the new one coming out so soon after the 3rd Gen, I guess it is Apple's call finally on when to launch a new version and at what price point. Now let me confess that I am sorely tempted to invest in an iPad mini, but then again I feel that the moment I buy it, they will launch an iPad mini's new version with the iPad 3/4's resolution and a few other improvements which will possibly make me regret my decision to buy one now! So better to be happy with what I have and wait it out till next year I guess!! Cheers.....
    10-30-2012 12:53 AM
    I am wondering how many people burned by apple this time Round will seriously start skipping upgrades due to the fear of it happening again. This whole thing might really backfire for them.
    openthepodbaydoors likes this.
    10-30-2012 10:56 AM
    I am wondering how many people burned by apple this time Round will seriously start skipping upgrades due to the fear of it happening again. This whole thing might really backfire for them.
    I for one will definitely be a bit more cautious. At least until we can see some sort of a pattern emerge in the future.
    10-30-2012 12:30 PM

I suppose it depends on WHY you buy. Do you buy because Apple releases it (whatever it happens to be), or do you buy because you need (or have a need for) it? That will go a long way towards answering your question. And no matter what you do, you will never have the newest product for long... there will always be a new one coming down the pike.
    10-30-2012 12:48 PM
    I suppose it depends on WHY you buy. Do you buy because Apple releases it (whatever it happens to be), or do you buy because you need (or have a need for) it? That will go a long way towards answering your question. And no matter what you do, you will never have the newest product for long... there will always be a new one coming down the pike.
    Good point and that seems to be the standard nowdays, buy whatever Apple makes regardless what it is or if you even need it ..
    10-30-2012 04:30 PM
    All these options only for buyers in the US. People like us (i brought it on 13th of this month), it's stuck on our head. If I had any chance to know a new product was to come, I would have waited the extra 10 days for the new one. Now I ended up with one which will not support 4G in this country.

Maybe in USA this product is cheaper with contracts etc, but for us living here we pay through our nose. $1000 isn't something you are going to throw away because new product has come. Anyway this was my first iPad. So may after a couple of years I'll upgrade.
    10-31-2012 02:58 AM
    Call me a cry baby if you want but to come out with a fourth gen iPad now is a slap in the face to ipad 3 owners. I'll never buy another ipad. This is Android-esq.
    Are you saying that if Apple has new technology for updating an iPad, they shouldn't update unless the latest iPad has been out for a year? That's silly. And yes, you are a crybaby. Your iPad works just as well today as it did before Apple released a newer version. I bought a new iPad the day the 3rd gen was released. You're silly for even wanting to upgrade to this new version. Sure, it's great, but so is the iPad you already own. Wait for a reason to upgrade other than the childish envy of there being something newer. If you're smart, like me, you'll enjoy what you have and you'll wait. When you upgrade in 2013 or maybe even 2014, you'll end up with a really light and really powerful upgrade. In the meantime, your iPad still kicks butt.
    10-31-2012 09:55 PM
    I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
    I will express my discontent with actions as well as crying.
    I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    11-01-2012 12:08 AM
    I was unhappy with my $500 item being discontinued so soon. Like I said, Steve Jobs is gone and it's starting to show.
    I sold my iPhone 5 and iPad 3. I replaced them with a Galaxy S3 and a Nexus tablet. I'm done with Apple.
    Well bye.... Android Cental is the place you ought to be. Enjoy yourself over there.
    11-01-2012 12:15 AM

Yeah, cause there are never any new android devices

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    11-01-2012 12:19 AM
    What difference did it make that it was updated after 7 months instead of 12? I'm going to guess that you're really young. In time, you'll come to realize what really matters is what your gear can do, not how current the model is. That iPad 3 you just "sold" (yeah, right) would have easily lasted you years.

It's foolish to replace your gear every time a new model comes out. Hold out for the bigger updates and your dollar goes so much further. I owned an iPhone 4. I skipped the 4S and waited for the iPhone 5 before upgrading. I own an iPad 3. I'm skipping this new model and possibly the next. I'm waiting for a major hardware update.

Whatever you do, don't drop that cheap Samsung stuff you just got. You traded metal for plastic. You traded a machine for a toy.
    Exxod likes this.
    11-01-2012 12:24 AM

You Really Didn't Have to say Good Bye....Kick Rocks.... Oh and thanks for the Message you sent me...
    11-01-2012 12:31 AM
    But I know that going in. Thus the lower purchase price.

11-01-2012 12:31 AM
    I am in no way saying Google or Samsung is better. Just different. I was mad and I will express my discontent with my wallet.

11-01-2012 12:33 AM
    It's pretty obvious that many of you are fanboys and Apple can do no wrong in your eyes.

11-01-2012 12:35 AM
    It's pretty obvious that many of you are fanboys and Apple can do no wrong in your eyes.

Not at all... at least for me... but then again, all stuff gets replaced in the product line, sooner or later. Sometimes it takes a year. Sometimes it’s less. Apple. Samsung. HTC. BlackBerry. It’s the way of the world.
    11-01-2012 12:37 AM
247 ... 78910