Very upset ipad 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

briankariu

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I get all the people complaining. I would also be very irate.
For apple, it goes beyond the product. It is a promise. A promise that for at least one year, you will have the latest and greatest in the mobile computing world. A promise that you will receive consistent updates to the OS
And what happens when Apple turns a round and unveils a better product at the same price with better features? That is very Androidy.
It feels like a scam. For example, you buy a new car and you are barely out of the door when you see the new model being shipped in!
And to all those complaining, no, you are not cry babies. You are perfectly within your rights to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it shows that apple as of this year do not have a clear and consistent strategy for their products. If they did, they would have not released the iPad 3 without a lightening port that was launched with iPhone 5. Feels like Apple is all over the map nowadays with their products, uniformity seems to have gone out the window

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site

JHBThree

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
For apple, it goes beyond the product. It is a promise. A promise that for at least one year, you will have the latest and greatest in the mobile computing world. A promise that you will receive consistent updates to the OS
And what happens when Apple turns a round and unveils a better product at the same price with better features? That is very Androidy.
It feels like a scam. For example, you buy a new car and you are barely out of the door when you see the new model being shipped in!
And to all those complaining, no, you are not cry babies. You are perfectly within your rights to complain.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus it shows that apple as of this year do not have a clear and consistent strategy for their products. If they did, they would have not released the iPad 3 without a lightening port that was launched with iPhone 5. Feels like Apple is all over the map nowadays with their products, uniformity seems to have gone out the window

Apple has never promised you a yearly cycle. You assumed that because they have done it in the past (with some huge, hard to ignore instances where they didn't) that somehow they were obligated to do it in the future.

Also, your last addition makes no sense. The design and engineering for the iPad 3 would have long been complete before lightning was even done. (The fact that they released an updated ipad with lightning tells us that. If it was ready to go, they would have put it in the 3) They can't just change their mind a month before launch to add something like that without pushing it back significantly.

They have a consistent strategy, we're just in the middle of a transition right now. Apple has decide to pull off the bandaid now instead of later, which is better in the long run for the adoption of lightning.

ridiculocity

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The tech industry is not for the feint of heart. Clearly Apple did this to bring all of their product releases to coincide with the holiday season going forward. I still own an iPad 2 and will most likely purchase 4th gen after Xmas. I used to want the latest and greatest but have come to understand that I can get at least 2 years from any Apple product. I do admit I'm glad I didn't get the new iPad as retina wasn't something I NEEDED.

I must admit tho the new iMac and Mac mini is very impressive. I'm looking forward to holding an iPad mini even tho ATM I don't feel I NEED such a device.

asuperstarr

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm happy with my iPad. I believe that is why they changed the name to the new iPad. It allows them the opportunity to refresh the device at anytime.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Where and when did Apple promise that if you purchase product that it will be "the latest and greatest" anything for any time period? Apple is a company that makes and sells tech devices. They can do what ever they want, and beyond some sort of warranty, they owe you nothing. As a customer you can choose to buy or not, but it's all about caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Sort of tired of the prevailing entitlement mentality.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Where and when did Apple promise that if you purchase product that it will be "the latest and greatest" anything for any time period? Apple is a company that makes and sells tech devices. They can do what ever they want, and beyond some sort of warranty, they owe you nothing. As a customer you can choose to buy or not, but it's all about caveat emptor - let the buyer beware.

Sort of tired of the prevailing entitlement mentality.

I'm with you when you're right, my friend...;)

Paradocks

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm...something is wrong with my iPad 3. I woke up this morning and turned it on to launch the USA Today app. To my complete surprise the iPad did not disintegrate before my very eyes. It worked the same as yesterday, and the day before. Should I report this to Apple? From what I've been reading, my iPad is supposed to be completely useless now. I don't get it?

Sent from somewhere

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm...something is wrong with my iPad 3. I woke up this morning and turned it on to launch the USA Today app. To my complete surprise the iPad did not disintegrate before my very eyes. It worked the same as yesterday, and the day before. Should I report this to Apple? From what I've been reading, my iPad is supposed to be completely useless now. I don't get it?

Apparently this only happens for some people... * sigh *

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The iPad 4 is not really a major update at all. So it's a little faster......my current iPad 3 is fastest enough for now. The only reason they want to get a new iPad out is to phase out the old 30 point connector.

Phase out the 30 pin connector? Then explain why iPad 2 is not being phased out?

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes I'm happy with my iPad. I believe that is why they changed the name to the new iPad. It allows them the opportunity to refresh the device at anytime.

I'm pretty sure they didn't call it the new iPad yesterday. They called it iPad 4. So that makes no sense.

Apple4ever2011

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
His column and Molly wood's are asinine hysterical rants. She's got a stick up her bum (still) over apple choosing lightning instead of microusb, despite the fact that microusb is inferior in every way and was never even on the table. Her rant today was ridiculous. I'm actually shocked she's still employed if that's the kind of garbage she posts regularly.

She's always had a Love/Hate relationship with Apple..... It's what CBS/ClearChannel are Pushing now on CNET.... Molly is still a Fan Favorite....To Bad She's stuck at Cnet...

Clovertree

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm just assuming that's why they did it. I'd like to see if they pull this sort of thing in the future with other products.

I'll be more cautious when making any purchases in the future - especially when I see funny naming conventions.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure they didn't call it the new iPad yesterday. They called it iPad 4. So that makes no sense.

Actually it was called the 4th generation iPad. Just like they called the one released 7 moths ago the 3rd generation iPad. Which makes perfect sense - because that's precisely what they are.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm just assuming that's why they did it. I'd like to see if they pull this sort of thing in the future with other products.

I'll be more cautious when making any purchases in the future - especially when I see funny naming conventions.

I don't see "funny naming conventions"... generation 4 follows generation 3... however, as a consumer, shouldn't we ALL be cautious when making purchases? Are you trying to say because Apple didn't call the 3rd generation iPad the "iPad 3", it was a tell that they were going to pull a fast one? Really? Sorry, not buying that at all...

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't see "funny naming conventions"... generation 4 follows generation 3... however, as a consumer, shouldn't we ALL be cautious when making purchases? Are you trying to say because Apple didn't call the 3rd generation iPad the "iPad 3", it was a tell that they were going to pull a fast one? Really? Sorry, not buying that at all...

I'm sure Apple was planning to release the 4th generation this year after the ipad 3 event, but why in the name God is that a bad thing???

BBooDad

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
cry about iPad3 if you want. you can still use your iPad3 with any old 2.1 amp charger, no new converter required. Runs all the apps. iPads actually get regular updates. Android stuff only gets updated maybe once if you are lucky, and then after that, only Cyanogen Mod updates, again, if you are lucky. The HP TouchPad has had more Android updates than Android tablets, lol! (And ran Ice Cream Sandwich before the Android tablets did, too, but I digress because I love my TouchPad).

Me - Touchpad at home, and getting iPad mini for work walking around the hospital. And my 6 year old wants one. And my wife wants one......... and probably another 100 million people will want one....

mjs416

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
His column and Molly wood's are asinine hysterical rants. She's got a stick up her bum (still) over apple choosing lightning instead of microusb, despite the fact that microusb is inferior in every way and was never even on the table. Her rant today was ridiculous. I'm actually shocked she's still employed if that's the kind of garbage she posts regularly.

How exactly is micro-usb inferior? I actually find that to be ridiculous on Apple products that they continue to go with propitiatory crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2